Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   I own hate dirty style, name our hands. (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=225574)

JoshuaD 04-04-2005 01:15 AM

I own hate dirty style, name our hands.

Villian is hate, a 2+2'er TAG. We play together alot, we both know each others style well. He's been laggy vs me in the past, but he plays pretty standard SSH poker.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img], [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $3.
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, CO (poster) checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hate calls, CO folds.

Flop: (5.33 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hate bets</font>,

At this point, I was 90% sure of his hand.

<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Hate calls.

Turn: (4.66 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hate checks, Hero checks.

River: (4.66 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hate bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 6.66 BB

Can you name our hands? I was very sure of what he had throughout the hand, and I was right.

hate 04-04-2005 01:20 AM

Re: I own hate dirty style, name our hands.

you mean "hate, a 2+2er LAG".

JoshuaD 04-04-2005 01:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
you mean "hate, a 2+2er LAG".

[/ QUOTE ]

You're not as laggy as some of the LAG's here, and I think you played this hand like a typical TAG would. I might have 3-bet preflop in your spot though.

P.S Pwned.

private joker 04-04-2005 03:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I was very sure of what he had throughout the hand, and I was right.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then you should be raising or folding the river.

flopmonster 04-04-2005 03:19 AM

u have k Q?

JoshuaD 04-04-2005 04:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I was very sure of what he had throughout the hand, and I was right.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then you should be raising or folding the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah, with my faith in my read, I'm right to just call.

JoshuaD 04-04-2005 04:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
u have k Q?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope.

donger 04-04-2005 04:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Villian is hate, a 2+2'er TAG. We play together alot, we both know each others style well. He's been laggy vs me in the past, but he plays pretty standard SSH poker.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img], [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $3.
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, CO (poster) checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hate calls, CO folds.

Flop: (5.33 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hate bets</font>,

At this point, I was 90% sure of his hand.

<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Hate calls.

Turn: (4.66 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hate checks, Hero checks.

River: (4.66 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hate bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 6.66 BB

Can you name our hands? I was very sure of what he had throughout the hand, and I was right.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm suspicious that this is just a post to crow about having correctly guessed villain's hand.

My official guess:
HERO A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
VILLAIN: 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

JoshuaD 04-04-2005 04:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If villain plays standard aggressive poker, shouldn't he be 3-betting your button raise with what I assume to be a big offsuit A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]?

[/ QUOTE ]

Knowing that is what made it easy for me to read his hand. You got half way there in your post and then your logic broke down. (Edit: You edited your post, you originally had him on AJo which seemed to go against this line of logic).

[ QUOTE ]
I'm suspicious that this is just a post to crow about having correctly guessed villain's hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is definitely about rubbing it in to hate that I owned the s<font color="black">hit</font> out of him this hand. But it was also a really good excercise in hand reading.

JoshuaD 04-04-2005 04:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]

VILLAIN: 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Very good guess, that was the other 10% in my head. Some mid suited connector. I usually don't have people on such tight ranges of hands, but I figured he had a mid suited connector if he didn't have what I thought he did. My line was good vs both holdings.

[ QUOTE ]
HERO A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope.