Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Advanced Play or total misuse of poker concepts? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=225200)

pshabi 04-03-2005 11:48 AM

Advanced Play or total misuse of poker concepts?

All streets please.

CO - Tag
BB - Fishy
UTG - LAG
Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG+2 checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls, BB folds, UTG+2 folds, MP2 folds.

Turn: (3.50 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls.

River: (5.50 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls.

Final Pot: 7.50 BB

Chris_P 04-03-2005 11:57 AM

Re: Advanced Play or total misuse of poker concepts?

Pre-Flop: Fold
Flop: Fold
Turn: Check/fold
River Bet

why are u completing with 65o?!?! its asking for trouble in the long run

Chris Dow 04-03-2005 12:13 PM

Preflop isn't a fold. I like the hand.

Nick Royale 04-03-2005 12:17 PM

Preflop is ok. Fold the flop. Can't fold the turn (muchos outs).

pshabi 04-03-2005 12:31 PM

Flop reasoning:

I can improve to the best hand with a 6 (2 outs), a 5 (3 outs)and a backdoor straight (1 out). Maybe I'm a little bit ahead of myself but I'm figuring the flop bettor has TPTK at best, maybe even overcards. No one has two pair here.

I 100% expected 2 calls behind me from the EP checks. That gives me 8 to 1 on the flop with 6 outs. Implied odds are goign to give me an overlay.

I wasn't that happy when the rest of the field folded, but the turn brought more outs.

Nick Royale 04-03-2005 12:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I can improve to the best hand with a 6 (2 outs)

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, 6 outs are strong.

[ QUOTE ]
5 (3 outs)

[/ QUOTE ]
But these are weaker. A 5 will put 3 to a straight on the board

[ QUOTE ]
a backdoor straight (1 out)

[/ QUOTE ]
Super über weak draw. If you get runner runners your straight is built by only 1card. And you're holding the low end.

Outs:
6's: 2
5's: 2-2.5
So 4.5 outs at very best. You need 6.7 to call. Easy fold.

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe I'm a little bit ahead of myself but I'm figuring the flop bettor has TPTK at best, maybe even overcards.

[/ QUOTE ]
Most often he has a pair, but there are nothing about his play telling us he can't have flopped a set for example.

[ QUOTE ]
I 100% expected 2 calls behind me from the EP checks.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, and sometimes you'll get check/raised.

[ QUOTE ]
That gives me 8 to 1 on the flop with 6 outs. Implied odds are goign to give me an overlay.

[/ QUOTE ]
You cant account for implied odds with a weak draw.

[ QUOTE ]
I wasn't that happy when the rest of the field folded, but the turn brought more outs.

[/ QUOTE ]
True.

pokerjunky 04-03-2005 01:11 PM

I would probably fold pre flop although I may be a little too tight. If it were 2/4 and not 3/6 I would call since it would only be half a bet instead of 2/3 to complete. The flop call seems alright, you have outs, you expected callers, and CO could just be betting a draw here since everyone checked to him. I'm not sure about the turn bet though, if you get raised your odds just got cut in half, plus what are you going to do if you dont improve on the river?

chief444 04-03-2005 01:17 PM

I fold this preflop in a 1/3 structure.

I think the flop call is pretty bad.

Massad 04-03-2005 02:10 PM

I agree with most other posters, that's an easy fold before and on the flop, especially before the flop.

However, on the flop, if I decided to play the hand, I would rather check-raise here than call. I believe that folding is still better than either, but between calling and check-raising I would rather do the later, since you have decent bluff-equity against the TAG, some outs, plus a chance that you have the best hand.

You did good on a turn. If you called and proceeded to the turn, betting out seems reasonable, since you would need to call anyways. So you would rather take a shot and see if he could fold him here.

Good job on the river value-beting the best hand.

cassady 04-03-2005 02:36 PM

preflop is definitely a fold. You have to remember, in 3/6 SB only posts a meagre buck. So you're adding 2/3rds of a small bet for a 5 6 offsuit OOP. This is a terrible play.