Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   ugh....i hate it when this happens. (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=224524)

bigmac366 04-01-2005 11:10 PM

ugh....i hate it when this happens.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, Button calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>.

Flop: (7.50 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Button calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.25 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Button calls, Hero calls.

River: (8.25 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Button folds, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 10.25 BB

i was just trying to steal the blinds....but i got 2 cold callers damnit.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (6 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 folds, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (4 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, Hero checks.

River: (4 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 5 BB

turn check bad? river fold bad? am i really good 1 time out of 5 here?

toss 04-01-2005 11:16 PM

Re: ugh....i hate it when this happens.

Second hand I would bet the turn and check behind on the river.

radek2166 04-01-2005 11:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

NH

mlb3zr 04-01-2005 11:25 PM

hand 1:
even though you were just trying to steal the blinds, you still hit TP. I think you have to bet the flop and go from there.

DeuceKicker 04-02-2005 02:19 AM

Hand 1: OK so you were trying to steal the blinds. When you flop top pair why check-call through the river? I'd at least bet out on the flop. If not, check/fold.

FishHooks 04-02-2005 02:38 AM

Yea definatly a weak play there, i would bet this flop, depending on the flop fold to a raise, or call the flop raise. Then check/fold the turn if unimproved or against a couple opponents. Depends on reads too, if he has high VPIP i would be more inclined to check/call if you get raised on the flop

DavidC 04-02-2005 03:42 AM

I don't understand, why didn't you bet out the flop in hand #1?

You got callers, that sucks. They were in position, that sucks worse. But still, you did hit the flop, so go for it!

Hand #2, I don't know if this is the best PF strategy. I would want one more caller in there, and to be on a super-passive table.

I would probably bet the turn and fold to a raise. I would also check through the river if called on the turn.

On the river... it's tough man. I'd say that he's going to be betting a lot of hands at you, so a call's in order. He could have 99 or somethign like that, though.

DavidC 04-02-2005 03:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

NH

[/ QUOTE ]

This is confusing.

You're saying nice suggestion, or that the OP played it well? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I assume the first one.

Edit: I just want to point out that I'm a dork sometimes. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]