Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Give me a Frop Line (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=224196)

Firefly 04-01-2005 02:43 PM

Give me a Frop Line

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (6 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero....

What am I doing here and why?

einbert 04-01-2005 02:44 PM

Re: Give me a Frop Line

calling and three-betting if the action comes back to you

because you want to build a huge pot and not drive people out of the pot

GrunchCan 04-01-2005 02:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
calling and three-betting if the action comes back to you

because you want to build a huge pot and not drive people out of the pot

[/ QUOTE ]

Firefly 04-01-2005 02:51 PM

If the SB checks I should be betting out here, correct? I'm just not content with my flush draw play lately.

luckyplayer 04-01-2005 02:51 PM

you have a strong draw in a small pot. You call in order to keep players in and build a pot.

GrunchCan 04-01-2005 02:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you have a strong draw in a small pot. You call in order to keep players in and build a pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its not the size of the pot that determines the fact that Hero should just call as opposed to raise. I leave it as an excercise to the micros crowd to figure out why Hero should just call here.

wyoak 04-01-2005 02:59 PM

your four to the flush and backdoor straight draw give you much more than 17% pot equity. you want callers here, having them face two cold isn't a good won.

tiltaholic 04-01-2005 03:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If the SB checks I should be betting out here, correct?

[/ QUOTE ]

for sure.

string4 04-01-2005 03:03 PM

My guess:

Even though raise/fold is the right answer most of the time to drive out the draws, in this case I would call because:

1. noone raised preflop, so smaller chance that there are A-Q spades to compete or counterfeit your draw and might cause the holder of the 10 spade to fold if it is unsuited w/ something else (could be nice if another spade fell later)
2. Unless the board pairs, Flush would dominate the board and the only other obvious draw, a straight, would come in second best.
3. if someone is playing pockets that hit this board, they will likely raise or call where they might fold facing two bets, giving you lots more options on future betting rounds to let them bluff into you or play "strong to appear weak"

New player here, so don't take this too seriously )

jaxUp 04-01-2005 03:08 PM

You are my favourite n00b ever. Have not seen any [censored] so far, and you reply to threads with your own thoughts. Stellar. I think you over-thought this one a bit, but I'm not going to say why just yet...you will figure it out as this thread progresses, and if you don't then somebody smart will tell you.