Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   The Favorite Team Thread (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=221934)

PhatTBoll 03-29-2005 01:16 AM

The Favorite Team Thread

Go ahead and post your favorite squads.

My purpose is threefold:

1. I'm curious as to the sports demographics here. I want to see if the fan bases are actually as bizarrely skewed as they appear to be.

2. Everyone has a place to challenge everybody else's allegiances, hopefully preventing every single sports thread from devolving into a "you're not a real fan" piss-fist that nobody wants to read.

3. When your lightly-regarded team wins a title, you can point to this thread to prove to everybody that you were backing them even when they sucked.

I'll start:

NFL: Colts
MLB: Reds
NBA: Spurs
NHL: meh
college football: Notre Dame
college bball: Purdue
college hockey: Cornell
English soccer: Liverpool
International soccer: Ireland

One more thing. No cop-outs in the vein of "I like Team X and Team Y equally." No you don't.

Vince Young 03-29-2005 01:21 AM

Re: The Favorite Team Thread

NFL: Cowboys
MLB: Cubs
NBA: Spurs
NHL: Stars
Everything college: Texas

pshreck 03-29-2005 01:22 AM

I can honestly care less even if someone claims to be a fan of a team, if they have no real allegiance.

If you are choosing any of these teams over your home team, then I honestly don't view you as a true fan. I dont dislike you, I dont think you cant like team x, but you are not a real fan.

I was born and raised in Philadelphia. I have liked the Eagles, Phillies, Sixers, and Flyers my whole life. And thats it.

jdl22 03-29-2005 01:23 AM

soccer: Sevilla Futbol Club
NFL: San Francisco 49ers
MLB: San Francisco Giants
NBA: Portland Trail Blazers
College everything but volley: Oregon
National team soccer: Spain
NHL: DNE

edit to add:
college volleyball: Hawai'i

tworooks 03-29-2005 01:27 AM

NFL: Chargers
MLB: Padres
NBA: If they had more chinese guys, i would watch
NHL: why even include the nhl?
college football: USC
college bball: Texas
college hockey: pointless
English soccer: Arsenal
International soccer: Japan

PhatTBoll 03-29-2005 01:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I can honestly care less even if someone claims to be a fan of a team, if they have no real allegiance.

If you are choosing any of these teams over your home team, then I honestly don't view you as a true fan. I dont dislike you, I dont think you cant like team x, but you are not a real fan.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's fine. I've found that people with this attitude are very likely to come from a major metropolitan area. If you grew up in a place that wasn't filled with teams playing at the highest level, you might feel differently.

nothumb 03-29-2005 01:33 AM

NFL: AFC / Pats -- NFC / Panthers
MLB: Red Sox (AL) / Cubbies (NL)
NBA: Meh. Grew up a Hornets fan, they left town and suck. I like teams that play good basketball and are fun to watch. I follow the C's somewhat.
College: UNC forever, bitches!
NHL: Bruins.

NT

bugstud 03-29-2005 01:33 AM

First three are all spend good hunks of BR to buy tickets and attend games variety....
MLB - Cubs
College - Illinois
NFL - Bears
teams that I care but don't really care...
NBA - Bulls (so spoiled when I was kid....)
NHL - Blackhawks

ClassicBob 03-29-2005 01:34 AM

NBA: Mavericks
NFL: Cowboys
MLB: Red Sox
NCAA: OU
International Soccer: Brazil

I was never really interested in baseball, but I started getting caught up in the Red Sox two-three years ago, mainly because of how passionate Bill Simmons is about them. It felt awesome to me that they won last year, but I feel kinda dirty about it at the same time. Put a gun to my head, and they're my MLB team. But you can call me bandwagon if you want.

I've been fans of the Mavs and Cowboys for as long as I can remember. My dad used to take me to Mavs games during the awful 9 and 11 win seasons, but I remember them winning more than losing when I went. This is through the rose-colored lens of childhood, but I'm 90% positive that as bad as they were, they still had a winning record in games I attended.

Ianco15 03-29-2005 01:36 AM

NFL: <--- (Niners, favorite of all teams in all sports)
MLB: Oakland A's
NBA: Kings
NHL: Sharks (Don't really care)
NCAAB: SDSU Aztecs
NCAAF: Cal Bears
NCAAH: Colorado College
International Soccer: Germany