Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Buddy System! (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=218819)

zeropotential 03-23-2005 07:14 PM

Buddy System!

anybody ever consider pairing up with someone, and once a week sending a HH for a session to eachother and just bouncing ideas off eachother and then posting the hands that generated the most debate in the forum?

I had this idea last night and was going to ask and see who would be willing to do this with me. If anybody whos thoughts intrigue me on a regular basis was up for it, i'd try once or twice and see what comes of it.

So now i pose the question: any applicants?

flopwell 03-23-2005 07:16 PM

Re: Buddy System!

I would be willing, but I'm still not very good, so I don't know how much you would get from it [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

dkernler 03-23-2005 07:25 PM

I would be, too, but I'm still slumming it in the nickel and dime games. It's probably too different of a game to be helpful for either of us. That, and I suck, so you probably want some else. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

istewart 03-23-2005 07:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would be, too, but I'm still slumming it in the nickel and dime games. It's probably too different of a game to be helpful for either of us. That, and I suck, so you probably want some else. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm doing it too [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

gorgeous 03-23-2005 07:30 PM

I'm up for it. PM me

godduo 03-23-2005 07:59 PM

I'm always up for a poker discussion (though I don't think my thoughts are of the "intrigue you" variety).

Also, this would be a great idea for a lot of people, as when they have a question about their play of a hand they can refer to their respected buddy instead of creating a new thread here.

DavidC 03-23-2005 08:23 PM

Think you can handle me? I only play $0.50/$1. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

DavidC 03-23-2005 08:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm always up for a poker discussion (though I don't think my thoughts are of the "intrigue you" variety).

Also, this would be a great idea for a lot of people, as when they have a question about their play of a hand they can refer to their respected buddy instead of creating a new thread here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, I think this is great for players of the same skill level!

The other thing is that you can "synchronize reading" to an extent so that you can both think about how to apply newly learned information to current hands.

Very cool idea.

--Dave.

Greg J 03-23-2005 08:26 PM

Great idea that has been done before.

zeropotential 03-23-2005 08:29 PM

davidc:

firstly, love your location.
secondly, i'm in

say a week from today, gather 100ish hands together in some semi-coherant writeup... (perhaps in the format discussed here)

we'll figure the transfer out by PM then.

<font color="red"> edit</font>: and thirdly 'ice hockey' is so much better then 'blades of steel'