Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   AKs - All in on a draw... (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=217902)

swolfe 03-22-2005 11:14 AM

AKs - All in on a draw...

Party $.5/$1

Hero has A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] in the BB with about $110

Folded to Villain ($76) in MP3 who raises to $5, called by LP, Hero calls

3 to the flop, pot ~$15

Flop: 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Hero bets $15, MP3 pushes for $71, LP folds, Hero calls

Who likes?

zaxx19 03-22-2005 11:25 AM

Re: AKs - All in on a draw...

Same exact play I made in a MTT tourney last night except i pushed which gives me some FE...

Its fine...if you have him on KK QQ JJ...

Oh wait just reread the post its a must call for odds. Did you bet wanting him to push? I kind of like a CR all in here.

swolfe 03-22-2005 11:29 AM

yes, i think that the CR all-in might have been a better play...

etgryphon 03-22-2005 11:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
yes, i think that the CR all-in might have been a better play...

[/ QUOTE ]

I concur... [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

-Gryph

jhall23 03-22-2005 11:31 AM

I do, that's a HUGE draw you got there and I have no problem getting it all in. Realatively unlikely he caught a piece of that board so you are probably a favorite with 2 cards to come. Slightly behind AA (but +EV with the money in the pot) and ahead of all other pockets. Even if he has 56d or 44 your not that bad off.

Miscreant 03-22-2005 11:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Oh wait just reread the post its a must call for odds.

[/ QUOTE ]

jhall23 03-22-2005 11:41 AM

CR all-in is definetly a good play too and I'd vary may play on this one. I think on this board I am not as concerned with the folding equity you gain from the check raise as you are probably ahead of most of his hand range. If I feel there is a good chance I can get him to come over the top of my lead I think it's ok, if they are not that agressive then a check raise probably works better.

EDIT: Another pro for check raise is that you could get some more money from LP, didn't notice him first time through.

zaxx19 03-22-2005 11:43 AM

am not as concerned with the folding equity

You should be even if his holding is favorable KK you make more CR all in and by him folding the overpair than by gambling on avg.

xorbie 03-22-2005 11:53 AM

Must call, I think. Against anything but aces, you have the A (and possibly K), 9 diamonds, then 3 5's. That's 15-18 clean outs. Given how this hand went, I find it hard to put him on anything but 99-AA, so you are clearly a huge favorite against his range.

jhall23 03-22-2005 11:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You should be even if his holding is favorable KK you make more CR all in and by him folding the overpair than by gambling on avg.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point, I agree with that especially if we don't think he would make that play with anything but AA or KK. Still think it's a decent play and could be a good way to vary your game (though maybe not as necessary online). I'd probably go for the lead instead of check raise about 1 in 5. I like leading into the PF raiser occasionally with hands like this so that when I do it with a set I am more likely to get paid off. It will keep my opponents guessing.