Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Politics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Typical Liberal Tolerance (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=217243)

jaxmike 03-21-2005 12:07 PM

Typical Liberal Tolerance

http://www.drudgereport.com/flash3pg1.htm

Apparently the editor of Playgirl outed herself as a Republican and was fired for it.

cardcounter0 03-21-2005 12:38 PM

Re: Typical Liberal Tolerance

If it is in Drudge, then it must be true.
[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

jaxmike 03-21-2005 01:03 PM

your ignorance in ignoring a story because you dont trust the source (when has drudge been wrong?) is telling. forget the FACTS of the story, the source makes it worth ignoring.

cardcounter0 03-21-2005 01:15 PM

What is to ignore? The republican party goes out of its way to court religious fundamentalists, and has fired up censorship of the media (recently appointed a conservative christian to head up the FCC). So a liberal publication like Playboy fires a republican? So what? If I ran a meat packing plant, I would probably fire members of PETA too.
[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

jaxmike 03-21-2005 01:20 PM

wow, your "point" is nonsense. please tell me how exactly it is tolerant to fire someone for how they voted. then, explain to me how this is equal to bush appointing a conservative christian to head up the FCC. you make no sense at all, though its to be expected given your ideology.

cardcounter0 03-21-2005 01:30 PM

WOW, wait till the effects of the kool-aid wears off, and then reread my post. The person voted for the anti-playboy party, why should playboy continue to pay them?

Of course, that is ignoring that the Drudge Report isn't actually the most reliable source for facts. So the story might not be true, and if it is, so what? Only your kool-aid induced dementia makes this seem like a 'story' to you.

xadrez 03-21-2005 01:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
your ignorance in ignoring a story because you dont trust the source (when has drudge been wrong?) is telling. forget the FACTS of the story, the source makes it worth ignoring.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL
Jaxmike, you routinely dismiss anything cited from supposed "liberal" sources.

jaxmike 03-21-2005 02:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Of course, that is ignoring that the Drudge Report isn't actually the most reliable source for facts.

[/ QUOTE ]

Give me examples of Drudge being wrong. Say what you want about his motives, but his reports are indeed accurate.

EarlCat 03-21-2005 02:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
WOW, wait till the effects of the kool-aid wears off, and then reread my post. The person voted for the anti-playboy party, why should playboy continue to pay them?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummm...it was Playgirl, and when has there ever been GOP legislation seeking to regulate the content of Playgirl?

Censorship and decency regulation are not exclusively GOP issues... remember Al and Tipper's attack on the music industry??

slickpoppa 03-21-2005 02:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Of course, that is ignoring that the Drudge Report isn't actually the most reliable source for facts.

[/ QUOTE ]

Give me examples of Drudge being wrong. Say what you want about his motives, but his reports are indeed accurate.

[/ QUOTE ]

Drudge may never have technically been wrong because he always covers his a$$ by merely posting what others news sources, however flimsy, have said. That's the beauty of never actually taking responsibility for stories like real news outlets. So although Drudge has never been wrong, he has certainly posted stories that could best be characterized as unsubstanntiated gossip. The perfect example was the whole fiasco with John Kerry apparentlty having an affair with someone woman who moved to Africa. There was basically no evidence for it and the story had no merit being in any periodical above the National Enquirer, but Drudge posted it anyway.