Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Beginners Questions (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Your longest poker break.. (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=217177)

TheCleverOne 03-21-2005 08:17 AM

Your longest poker break..

I have played online poker for over 2 years, and my longest break so far have been 6 days.. So I quess its time to take little longer break, and try to improve my game. I hope it will be helpfull and also make me bit more relaxed over all.

And advices what to read etc? Or should I just completely forget poker for a while.. that can be hard tho [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Im currentely playing pokerstars 10/20->30/60 limit holdem games, some omaha8 and some NL holdem up to 10/20.. so something that could increase my winrate in those games.

jaxUp 03-21-2005 08:43 AM

Re: Your longest poker break..

I just like to completely forget about poker when I am on a break. I troll it up in OOT (I'm addicted to 2+2) and read a non-poker book, and spend time with the gf or something.

Jdanz 03-21-2005 04:28 PM

if i go longer then like 3 days with out playing i get out of my groove. Not that i don't get back (and maybe better in the long run) but i know that i am not completely in "the zone" the first time i sit down.

If you're taking the break purely for your game, i'd say answer every question on 2+2 you can with an extensive mathematical analysis, and maybe really go through your poker tracker stats for different situations (3 bet out of position, iso-raises vs weak limper, blind defense vs EP raise).

-JDanz

spamuell 03-21-2005 07:05 PM

Since November 2004, I've played live once (last week) and haven't played online at all, partly because I've been busy but I also just haven't felt like it.

I'll start again next week because I need the money but if you don't, just try stopping for a while, for me it felt so great after about a week, I've been enjoying myself so much more.

FishHooks 03-21-2005 08:39 PM

I started online play about 2 months ago and the biggest break i've taken is about 1-2 days, i just keep coming back for more. However I just tranfered my whole bankroll into my checking account so i can deposit it back at part for the relaod bonus, so technically these couple of days will be my longest break

archmagi 03-22-2005 10:15 AM

I probably have a record here. After playing for 1,5 years, I gave a break for 8 months. Then I started again last December, and have been playing regularly since.
Why did I stop for so long?
Several reasons, I was travelling very often for work, I moved house, etc. too much happening outside poker. I kept my home game going though, which I enjoy much more anyway.
Since I have returned, I have been playing for about 15 hrs per week.