Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   T9s in MP. I don't think I played this correctly. (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=215690)

Sponger15SB 03-18-2005 03:16 PM

T9s in MP. I don\'t think I played this correctly.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (7 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(7 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP3 calls, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+2 calls.

Turn: (8.50 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 calls, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+2 calls.

River: (13.50 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 calls, BB folds, UTG folds, UTG+2 calls.

Final Pot: 16.50 BB

jba 03-18-2005 03:20 PM

Re: T9s in MP. I don\'t think I played this correctly.

I probably check/call the turn here, I'm not sure what you can accomplish by betting out here, and you very well may get a free card.

davelin 03-18-2005 03:25 PM

Check/call turn IMO.

Sponger15SB 03-18-2005 03:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I probably check/call the turn here, I'm not sure what you can accomplish by betting out here, and you very well may get a free card.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok so assume it is checked around, and then checked to me on the river.

Do I bet?

oh yeah..... flop raise is mandatory right?

davelin 03-18-2005 03:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Do I bet?

[/ QUOTE ]

UI or when you hit a pair like this? I'd bet.

DMBFan23 03-18-2005 03:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Do I bet?

[/ QUOTE ]

I would bet the river if checked to after cheecking behind the turn.

I also like your flop raise. get those JT and KT and A9 hands out.

jba 03-18-2005 03:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Do I bet?

[/ QUOTE ]

assuming it's it's an 8,9,T, or heart, absolutely. anything else is a check/fold.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

word, you cashed some serious sklansky bucks on that raise.

edit: the other thing that flop raise bought you is the possibility of the free river that you should have tried tried to take

Entity 03-18-2005 03:56 PM

I actually like the whole thing.

Rob

KaiShin 03-18-2005 03:58 PM

Seems to me if you're pumping your flush draw on the flop, shouldn't you continue to pump on the turn when an apparent blank falls? I'd be more likely to bet this turn than to attempt to check it through.

Entity 03-18-2005 03:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Seems to me if you're pumping your flush draw on the flop, shouldn't you continue to pump on the turn when an apparent blank falls? I'd be more likely to bet this turn than to attempt to check it through.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you didn't pick up extra outs with a gutshot on the turn, checking the turn would be better.