Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   66 (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=212575)

PokerBob 03-13-2005 06:54 PM

PF raiser is a TAG.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. MP2 posts a blind of $3. CO posts a blind of $3.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, MP2 (poster) calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (11.33 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, MP2 calls, Hero calls, UTG folds, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (7.66 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets........

Xiphoid 03-13-2005 06:56 PM

Re: 66

It's a check/fold on the flop for me.

afk 03-13-2005 07:14 PM

I dunno. I think this reeks of FPS. I routinely check-fold the flop.

mr pink 03-13-2005 07:47 PM

why not check/raise the flop and take it from there?

PokerBob 03-13-2005 07:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
why not check/raise the flop and take it from there?

[/ QUOTE ]

IMO there is a real risk of the turn checking through. Besides, I am on a steal. I want to take it down with one bet.

aas 03-13-2005 08:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
... I am on a steal. I want to take it down with one bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Against four other players? and a flush draw on the board, and the top card that has just paired?

PokerBob 03-13-2005 08:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Against four other players? and a flush draw on the board, and the top card that has just paired?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup.

aas 03-13-2005 08:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would have probably check-folded. If I wanted to steal, I would have invested two big bets: Check-raise the flop and bet the turn. But again, I don't like to do this against four players on this board.

PokerBob 03-13-2005 08:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would have probably check-folded. If I wanted to steal, I would have invested two big bets: Check-raise the flop and bet the turn. But again, I don't like to do this against four players on this board.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wanted to win 7 with one bet. It was the last bet I intended to put in the pot. 2 of the opponents were posters, by the way.

mr pink 03-13-2005 09:06 PM

without being results oriented an knowing that the jack is coming on the turn, i still think that if you're going to steal then you should have check/raised the flop. what was your plan if the turn was a blank? lead out? you probably intended to make a move anyway since you called the flop, so why not set it up beforehand with a check/raise? the line you took looks too suspicious imo. just trying to figure out what you were thinking exactly.