Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   News, Views, and Gossip (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Another poker wunderkind (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=210365)

ShawnHoo 03-09-2005 10:11 PM

Another poker wunderkind

Poker Prodigy Makes $200K at Age 17

Yowza...

Voltron87 03-09-2005 10:32 PM

Re: Another poker wunderkind

I'm betting he has no friends and is miserable?

cwsiggy 03-09-2005 10:59 PM

Can't wait till the pokersites he plays on freeze his account cause he's under 21!!

lawpoker 03-10-2005 12:00 AM

can't wait for friday's installment....

AnyTwoCanLose 03-11-2005 01:57 AM

Sure....

I bet he has no friends and could care less

PoBoy321 03-11-2005 02:17 AM

What is it about Magic? Wasn't there a thing during the WSOP about how a bunch of the young guys at the final table had been great Magic players before they started playing poker?

It seems like to be a great poker player, you need to be either a Magic, Backgammon, Chess or Gin Rummy prodigy.

iMsoLucky0 03-11-2005 02:49 AM

Yup. David Williams and Mattias Anderson were both good (to great) Magic players. Jordan Berkowitz was one of the best in the world at the game though (winning a few Pro Tour Tournaments if my memory serves me right).

There are definitely alot of aspects that carry over from Magic to Poker, and I can definitely see how these players could be successful at poker.

In case you didn't pick up on it, I used to play Magic quite a bit too [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

NLSoldier 03-11-2005 07:07 AM

This guy's got nothing on my little brother. Granted my bro hasn't won nearly that much (yet) but hes only 15 and is doing very well online [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

lighterjobs 03-11-2005 07:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This guy's got nothing on my little brother. Granted my bro hasn't won nearly that much (yet) but hes only 15 and is doing very well online [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

what's his name and where does he play?

BarronVangorToth 03-11-2005 08:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What is it about Magic? Wasn't there a thing during the WSOP about how a bunch of the young guys at the final table had been great Magic players before they started playing poker?

It seems like to be a great poker player, you need to be either a Magic, Backgammon, Chess or Gin Rummy prodigy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Skill sets that will make you a winning player at one game will translate well into other games. Developing those skills and honing them is something many people have done -- and without the risk of losing your proverbial shirt -- in many other strategic and/or tactical games.

I just have to figure out a way to convince people that playing WWE Raw Deal will help your poker game and then, woooo boy -- bigger royalty checks ahoy!

Barron Vangor Toth
www.BarronVangorToth.com