Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   2K error (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=210117)

Piers 03-09-2005 03:05 PM

2K error

At one poker site I recreantly found that my account was $2K over, and there had obviously been some kind of technical error.

<font color="white">In practise I emailed them and they quickly corrected it. I was not particularly trying to be honest. I was sure they would notice eventually and just wanted to get my accounts entered correctly. </font>

badplayer 03-09-2005 03:12 PM

Re: 2K error

Funny because I just noticed that 2K was MISSING from my account. Don't know what happened to it. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

FlFishOn 03-09-2005 04:33 PM

A year??? More like a week, maybe two.

There is no downside to doing anything but your normal poker activity.

"$2000?? Extra?? No, I didn't notice."

If you need back up I seem to recall Lionel Hutz Esq. quoting the relevant precedent of Finders V Keepers.

flatline 03-09-2005 04:38 PM

I'm suprised at the honesty here. Its their mistake, I take the money and run.

Thythe 03-09-2005 05:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm suprised at the honesty here. Its their mistake, I take the money and run.

[/ QUOTE ]

Honesty pays off in the long run. Any losses they incur get passed on to us anyway. Your $3 rake will turn into $3.50 if no one is honest.

usmfan 03-09-2005 05:20 PM

Yes. Give it back immediately. I don't want my rake going up dammit.

I would just keep it there unless this is a site that you plan on never playing again.

Voltron87 03-09-2005 05:25 PM

If it was some crappy little site which doesn't have many games I would cash it out. If it happened on Party or a major site which I would not want to leave permanently I would leave it for a while and then cash it out if they didn't catch it.

lorinda 03-09-2005 05:27 PM

If it was some crappy little site which doesn't have many games I would cash it out.

Result: Site takes money back from Neteller, Neteller closes your account.

Lori

lorinda 03-09-2005 05:29 PM

Option D: (Not one that I like, but I'm sure some will)

Sit at 20/40 with the 2k, see if you can win a fortune, if you win, admit to the 2k, if you lose, slink off into the distance.

Lori

downtown 03-09-2005 05:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Honesty pays off in the long run. Any losses they incur get passed on to us anyway. Your $3 rake will turn into $3.50 if no one is honest.

[/ QUOTE ]

By the same logic the site will fail if they give out $2000 to ever player. I am guessing you have to make the decision based upon the assumption it is an isolated incident. I would keep it, assuming when I found it that I had cashed in a tourney when I was drunk/sleepwalking/drunk sleepwalking.