Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Dumbest attempted angleshot ever at Hollywood Park (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=208863)

ShawnHoo 03-07-2005 07:50 PM

Dumbest attempted angleshot ever at Hollywood Park

Excellent 15/30 Saturday night. Two players are involved in this particular hand.

Player 1 checks, player 2 bets the river, player 1 calls.

Player 2 shows a 6 in his hand, which matches a 6 on the board. Player 1 says, "That's good, take it," and mucks his hand. Player 2 then mucks his hand.

At this point, Player 1 goes crazy and starts jammering loudly about how the pot now belongs to him because you have to show both cards to win. The floorman, who happened to be standing behind us as the action was going on, made the correct ruling in about 2 seconds.

Also, I hate to say it, but I've noticed that these dumb "let's rely on the floorman to bail us out" angleshots tend to come from one specific group, and this was no exception.

Luv2DriveTT 03-07-2005 08:09 PM

Re: Dumbest attempted angleshot ever at Hollywood Park

[ QUOTE ]
Also, I hate to say it, but I've noticed that these dumb "let's rely on the floorman to bail us out" angleshots tend to come from one specific group, and this was no exception.

[/ QUOTE ]

And what specific group would that be?

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

ShawnHoo 03-07-2005 08:11 PM

Old and black.

I'm young and white, BTW.

Siegmund 03-07-2005 08:13 PM

Player 1 mucked his hand. That pretty much ends a claim to the pot, last I checked.

You didn't say what the floorman's actual ruling was. I am curious now. I can see either of two things happening. Did he award the pot to player 2 since the obvious intention was that player 1 conceded to him? Or did he rule it a dead hand and everyone take back their money since no hand was properly shown?

ShawnHoo 03-07-2005 08:15 PM

Player 2 won the pot.

Asufiji2004 03-07-2005 08:25 PM

At the moment he said "that's good take it", the pot belongs to the other man regardless of what he had. If you say "you win" or "that's good", you lose.

Luv2DriveTT 03-07-2005 08:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Old and black.

[/ QUOTE ]

It was obvious you are white, and I am insulted by your statement. Crawl back into you hole until you learn that the color of a persons skin doesn't make you better than anyone else. There is no room for biggotry here at 2+2, we discuss poker not how a persons race make him or her more likely to shoot an angle.

stabn 03-07-2005 08:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
At the moment he said "that's good take it", the pot belongs to the other man regardless of what he had. If you say "you win" or "that's good", you lose.

[/ QUOTE ]

If he looked back at his cards, realized the guys kicker didn't play, and then flipped up his cards, that wouldn't be the case.

Cards speak.

stabn

zuluking 03-07-2005 08:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Old and black.

[/ QUOTE ]

It was obvious you are white, and I am insulted by your statement. Crawl back into you hole until you learn that the color of a persons skin doesn't make you better than anyone else. There is no room for biggotry here at 2+2, we discuss poker not how a persons race make him or her more likely to shoot an angle.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just put him on ignore, he's not worth the time.

Chaos81 03-07-2005 08:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I concur.