Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Brick and Mortar (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   What makes dealers the most mad? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=208745)

Sponger15SB 03-07-2005 04:51 PM

What makes dealers the most mad?

Dealers, please chime in without saying "people who don't tip" [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Players, give your opinion

My guess is that its people who constantly can't remember how much it is to bet in a fixed limit game.

RollaJ 03-07-2005 05:05 PM

Re: What makes dealers the most mad?

I believe it is the story I heard of where some guy unzipped and urinated on the dealer under the table

Durs522 03-07-2005 05:10 PM

In addition to people not paying attention, I would imagine people who don't put their bets or muck their cards in far enough. After 8 hours it must get painful leaning into the table that much.

alittle 03-07-2005 05:11 PM

Throwing cards at the dealer's face

AngusThermopyle 03-07-2005 05:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I believe it is the story I heard of where some guy unzipped and urinated on the dealer under the table

[/ QUOTE ]

And when the club asked her a week or so later if it was ok with her to un-bar the jerk, I don't think she was too thrilled either.

Chipr777 03-07-2005 05:25 PM

The drunk guy playing out of a rack that counts his chips one at a time, anyone who splashes the pot even after being told not to do so, the 10 minute staredown while deciding to call one bet with $300 in the pot in a 4-8 game, and most of all, the player that blames the dealer for every bad hand he plays.

Victor 03-07-2005 05:38 PM

The only time a dealer ever got pissed at me was when I wasnt putting my bets far enough out. She was real short and I was in the 8 seat so I was farthest away from her. I wasnt being a dick or anything I just was putting my bets as far as my arm would reach. She would remind me and I would do better then forget after awhile. The 3rd time she asked me she had a definite edge of bitchiness to her voice. I shoved my chips somewhat hard towards the middle of the table and they lay in a haphazard pyle short of the pot. To this she said in a shrill bitchy voice, "Sir, please do not shove your chips." [censored], bitch. I still tipped her though.

Milky 03-07-2005 07:07 PM

How about that guy that asks for a setup change every 30 minutes?

Randy_Refeld 03-07-2005 07:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The 3rd time she asked me she had a definite edge of bitchiness to her voice.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am sure it was just an accident in your case, but there is a game certain players liek ot play. Each time they put their bets out a little further from the dealer to see how far they can get the dealer to stretch for them. I think a line on the table where this sort of thing was most common has helped a lot.

Nick-Zack 03-07-2005 07:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How about that guy that asks for a setup change every 30 minutes?

[/ QUOTE ]

This one has to hurt at the end of the night when counting tips. I would guess that it takes at least the amount of time required to deal 2 hands to spread them and get dealing again. That amounts to $2 gone for the dealer.