Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Televised Poker (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   National Heads Up Poker Championship (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=207394)

Brad F. 03-05-2005 04:45 AM

National Heads Up Poker Championship

Danny N.'s Blog-Matchups

A couple really jump out at me like David Sklansky v. Phil Ivey and Phil Hellmuth v Men the Master, but I'd LOVE to watch the Duke/Fischman battle. For some reason I really think Duke will school him. Plus if Duke and Danny both win their first 3 matches then the two will face off, and their is definitely no love lost between those two.

I would bet tons on Elezra kicking the tar out of moneymaker but maybe Chris will surprise us.

Anyway, just thought I'd start a post as I didn't see one yet.

Brad

Daliman 03-05-2005 04:50 AM

Re: National Heads Up Poker Championship

Good to see Mike Caro finally getting his nose fully into the poker boom. Hope he waxes Scotty Nguyen.

LuckyDevil 03-05-2005 05:52 AM

Phil Ivey vs David Sklansky. Thats the one i wanna watch most in the first round.

J_V 03-05-2005 06:10 AM

That field is out of control. What a tournament. That's a who's who, if I ever saw one.

The T.A. 03-05-2005 06:25 AM

How about Friedman vs Farha?

Two action players that can and will play any hand any way. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

BeerGolfPoker 03-05-2005 07:21 AM

In the order of my interest:

1) Sklansky - Ivey

2) Hellmuth - Men the Master

3) Juanda - Chau Giang

4) Spirit Rock - Farha

5) Lederer - Magician

As long as NBC doesn't butcher this it should be awesome.

zaxx19 03-05-2005 07:48 AM

Friedman versus Farha.....

Now thats gonna be interesting or over really fast.

If all the cards come even ( and heads up they almost never do) Ivey will take out Sklansky 6-7 times out of 10...if anything this is one of the more lobsided matchups..this is NL correct?

I love Sklansky but NLH isnt his best game at all and Ivey simply plays 25x as much poker as Sklansky does. Remember, me saying that is not a criticism of Sklansky as much as an acknowledgment of how strong Ivey is as a player.

thatpfunk 03-05-2005 09:42 AM

If they released an unedited version on DVD I would buy it in a heartbeat. That many maches would be amazing.

I hope to god they dont screw this one up.

Have they listed the blind structure any where? I assume they will be given a lot of chips to play with...

KennyBanya 03-05-2005 10:45 AM

Does anyone have any background on Yosh Nakano, Henry Orenstein or Dennis Wagner? These are the only 3 players in the bracket I am not at all familiar with.

Thanks,

KennyBanya

The Truth 03-05-2005 10:46 AM

Yea I was wondering what the money line on the skalansky Ivey match up would be. Any other speculation?

I'm sure NBC will do a good job, I would love to buy a dvd showing all the matches card for card as well.