Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Gambling Games (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Online Games (pool, checkers whatever) for Money (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=204531)

Blackjack 02-28-2005 09:35 PM

Online Games (pool, checkers whatever) for Money

Anyone try that site linked to yahoo yet?

It's linked from the games section with a whole thing on how you can play ONLINE pool for money.

I'd like to hear some experiences before I put $100 in for shits and giggles.

Shoe 02-28-2005 10:37 PM

Re: Online Games (pool, checkers whatever) for Money

The site charges so much rake it is ridiculous, like 25-30%. Also, you can start off winning because it places you with all the new players, but once you start winning it will only let you get in games against other good players. So lots of rake against other players of about the same skill level.

bholdr 02-28-2005 11:29 PM

that sounds TERRIBLE! why would the shut you out from the new players?

do they offer cribbage? if i was as good at poker as i am at crib... <sigh>...

would it be feasable/profitable to play for a little while (until they bump you to the good players) and make a quick buck? or do you think it's a waste of time?

Blackjack 03-01-2005 12:13 AM

Still seems fun to me though. Yahoo pool is sooo addicting.

Shoe 03-01-2005 12:57 AM

BTW, the site I'm talking about is worldwinner, I played on them about 2 years ago (by clicking on the ad from yahoo games). I believe, this is still the same site, so if it is a different site now the rules might be slightly different, but I think it is still the same.

I mainly played minesweeper, tetris, and darts. And yes, I was able to beat them consistently at the first 2 levels. Once I reached intermediate it became pretty hard and the rake really started to eat me alive.

So, I think it would be possible to make a few quick bucks (probably $20-$50), but anything more than that would be pushing it, unless they make substantial changes to their rake structure and game selection.

Edit: I don't think they had pool when I played there, and I know they didn't have cribbage. But I would love to find a site where I could play some of those games for money, if the juice wasn't so high.

bleu329 03-01-2005 10:56 AM

yes their rake is horrendous - I did make a quick 40 bucks playing bowling after figuring out to throw a strike almost every time

(they allow you to practice)

Shoe 03-01-2005 12:25 PM

Do they still move up you up against more difficult opponents as you win more games?