Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   5/10 Did I Make a Mistake with this Flop Push? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=204001)

Utah 02-28-2005 01:38 AM

5/10 Did I Make a Mistake with this Flop Push?

5/10

I have $1000. Villian has me covered.

folded to me 3 off the button and I raise to $35 with 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Flop is 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]10[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Villian Checks. I bet $75. Villian reraises to $300.

I dont have a read on this guy at all. i am guessing from the bet he has a big pair or he doesnt want me around, but I dont really know.

I shove in about $900 with my flush and straight draw. He calls after a long wait.

He takes it down with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Now, I cant put him on that junk, but I am behind on all the likely hands he has - set, overpair, trips. Therefore, my bet only makes sense if he will fold.

He is getting $1300 for his $665. Can I expect any fold equity with my hand in this siutation or should I laydown on his reraise?

BobboFitos 02-28-2005 01:56 AM

Re: 5/10 Did I Make a Mistake with this Flop Push?

I like the flop play. I cant shed any light to the exactness of why, but I'll copy and paste poker stove:

Board: 4h Th 8d
Dead:

equity (%) win (%) / tie (%)

Hand 1: 69.6970 % [ 00.70 00.00 ] { 7h6h }
Hand 2: 30.3030 % [ 00.30 00.00 ] { AcKs }

ObnxNole 02-28-2005 02:19 AM

I think you made a mistake by reraisng all in. The stacks are not nearly deep enough for you to call a reraise that big, much less put the rest of your chips in the center. A check-raise that big usually screams set or overpair so your straight and flush outs are most definitely good. The villian however made an even gutsier call with just AKo. It's a shame you couldn't hit and take it down. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Popinjay 02-28-2005 02:28 AM

gutsier call? How about horrible

ObnxNole 02-28-2005 02:37 AM

yes, it was pretty gross.

technologic 02-28-2005 02:49 AM

you have a double gutter and a flush draw. you're only really behind a set, and even if you are, you are not behind by much. a push is great in this situation, there's a STRONG possibility you have the best hand, and you have a good chance of taking it down right there if the guy can fold an overpair.

TheWorstPlayer 02-28-2005 02:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
you have a good chance of taking it down right there if the guy can fold an overpair.

[/ QUOTE ]
Doesn't seem too likely with this opponent. Still a good push, though. Yet again, no bad play goes unrewarded. What a terrible call.

Usagi_yo 02-28-2005 04:49 AM

That's an impossible call for AKo. It's not even a good check raise IMHO. I can't even imagine what villians thought process was.

creedofhubris 02-28-2005 06:33 AM

The all-in is fine here. As various posters have said, the only hand you're worried about running into is a set (well, and a bigger flush draw.) And your reraise all-in should push a bigger flush draw out.

Considering the trash he called with, you very much wanted him to make that move; you've got .7 EV on this hand vs what he had. That's a 2:1 edge!

Push.
Miss.
"Nice hand."
Rebuy.

gummy d 02-28-2005 08:08 AM

Good play. Like someone else said you are only worried about a set or someone calling with a higher flush draw. That guy would have definitely left me shaking my head with his call.