Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   One-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   what do you guys use to keep track of SNG's? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=203897)

dmaster 02-27-2005 09:56 PM

what do you guys use to keep track of SNG\'s?

I'm using Full Tilt, so I can't use PT.

I'd still like to keep track of what I'm doing in SnG play, discounting the first 40-50 I've done so far I suppose (unless there's a way to get my results from everything I've done to date).

Is there something useful to keep track of things with, or am I just well enough off making a spreadsheet and plotting things manually with regards to bankroll and ROI and all that stuff? I don't necessarily care to know how many times I've been busted with AA or taken down a pot with 67s or anything fancy, but I wouldn't mind being able to track opponents I play against and remember where they finished in previous games. I assume that's nearly impossible with FTP at the moment though, right?

anything nice would be appreciated otherwise I'll just do it the hard way I suppose.

spentrent 02-27-2005 10:02 PM

Re: what do you guys use to keep track of SNG\'s?

Find the latest version of AleoMagus' BRILLIANT spreadsheet with Marcotte's SCHWEET input in this thread. I think the one with the cool input code is referred to in the "version 3.0" post. You will have to poke around a bit to find it.

ilya 02-27-2005 10:05 PM

I use Wordpad. I like it.

yanicehand 02-27-2005 11:02 PM

definitely check out AleoMagus' spreadsheet.
practically everything one would need to track progress, improvement, variance, roi, profit, itm, ror, and also the most mundane details you will ever need. only downside is you will infact have to input your own results from the SNGs, including time, date, and outcome, but this really isnt a downside at all. download it immediately.

matt

elonkra 02-27-2005 11:41 PM

I'm having some trouble with Aleomagus's spreadsheet. How do I know if I have the program necessary to support it? I have WinZip and when I download the spreadsheet from the linked page, some sort of spreadsheet appears with what appears to be a FAQ relating to the spreadsheet you're talking about. But I'm a computer illiterate idiot who can't figure out how to get from there to the point at which I begin using the spreadsheet to track my results. I've tried playing around with the toolbar commands, but when I select "File" and "Open file for editing," my computer asks me what program I want to use to open the file with. Any ideas?

spentrent 02-27-2005 11:51 PM

If it is indeed opening up in Excel, check the bottom of the screen. A half-inch or so above the "Start" button you'll see little "tabs" that read "Marcotte's Changes," "Readme," "SNG1," etc.

If you are playing $10+1 games, click on the SNG1 tab.

It will start to make sense, I hope...

(Not to complicate your life, [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img], but it helps to change the "Base Buy-in" and "Vigourish" to 0 -- zero -- on each SNGx tab you're not using)

1C5 02-27-2005 11:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]

(Not to complicate your life, [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img], but it helps to change the "Base Buy-in" and "Vigourish" to 0 -- zero -- on each SNGx tab you're not using)

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for that tip!

spentrent 02-28-2005 12:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for that tip!

[/ QUOTE ]

Feels good to have the MONEY stats accurate, don't it? I had to call McGyver to figure out that work-around.

dfscott 02-28-2005 12:11 AM

I had no idea this existed -- thanks. I was still using the original from way back when.

spentrent 02-28-2005 12:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I had no idea this existed -- thanks. I was still using the original from way back when.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have that thread pinned as a favorite. Just in case...