Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   2 Pair vs a Tight Passive (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=202335)

RickA 02-25-2005 01:36 AM

2 Pair vs a Tight Passive

Hello

Button is a tight passive-14%VPIP/3.5%PFR/1.1AF BB was very loose not real sure on tightness. I assumed with these #'s he would only raise a Group 1 hand AA-JJ and AK. I figure on the flop I coluld only be behind QQ or JJ and with his aggression on the I was really worried. Is the pot big enough to call the turn raise and river with a strong feeling I am drawing dead?

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls, CO calls.

Flop: (9.50 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO folds, Button calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (7.75 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls.

River: (13.75 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 16.75 BB

emonrad87 02-25-2005 01:54 AM

Re: 2 Pair vs a Tight Passive

You've got to be joking. From the button he's gonna be raising a lot more hands than what you've got listed there, even with those PF numbers. Thats an easy call down.

mcozzy1 02-25-2005 02:22 AM

YYou had a strong feeling you were drawing dead? What did you put him on? Gut instincts can be a great guide, but top 2 pair is a good hand. You probably weren't drawing dead......A river Q or J and your hand is good. If he has pocket Qs or Js, that's just crappy luck since you have one of each and there's one of each on the board; but I think that's an easy call down.

I give button raises less respect. He easily could have been raising a hand like KT (that's what I'd put him on).

Erik W 02-25-2005 03:00 AM

There is one way he can have either JJ or QQ and 6 ways each he can have. KK or AA and 6 ways he can have AQ. As you see you are a huge favourite. Any of these hand would be played the way he did. You are a 18 to 2 favourite so it is an easy calldown if not even a raise somewhere. UTG bets out so he probably have either a Q or J so you are even more a favourite.

I guess he had either QQ or JJ as u posted it [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] but there is no way you should fold your hand.