Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   limp-folding preflop (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=202182)

housenuts 02-24-2005 08:30 PM

limp-folding preflop

is there ever a situation where you limp preflop and then fold to a single raise? i can't think of any and it happens all the time.

jason_t 02-24-2005 08:32 PM

Re: limp-folding preflop

[ QUOTE ]
is there ever a situation where you limp preflop and then fold to a single raise? i can't think of any and it happens all the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

It makes no sense. You are getting better effective odds when you call the raise.

bernie 02-24-2005 08:38 PM

I remember a hand where a guy limped in EP, folded to me on the button, I raised, Blinds folded. EP looks at me a bit, then folds.

wtf?

I love it when they limp fold.

b

dblgutshot 02-24-2005 08:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I remember a hand where a guy limped in EP, folded to me on the button, I raised, Blinds folded. EP looks at me a bit, then folds.

wtf?

I love it when they limp fold.

b

[/ QUOTE ]

I've seen it a few times. I remember posting this question up a while ago but the general consensus was that it was never correct to fold to one more bet after you've limped. OF course this is given you are playing correctly postflop and haven't limped in with utter garbage.

einbert 02-24-2005 09:03 PM

What's funny is what happens a lot of times in the 3/6 when I'm in the BB. It's folded to the SB, he completes, I raise, and the SB folds. And this is in a 1/3 SB structure. That's [censored]'s hilarious.

emonrad87 02-24-2005 09:12 PM

What about in Party's 10-15 blind structure for the 15/30? If you complete in the SB with, say, 2 limpers, and the BB raises, your odds are worse than they were originally (previously 9-1, now 7-1).

Stork 02-24-2005 09:26 PM

I'm pretty sure Tommy Angelo did this once. He mentioned it in an article on his site. Didn't say what the hand was though. Actually, I think he's done this a couple of times. But since no one here is Tommy Angelo aside from Tommy Angelo, you really shouldn't be limp-folding to a single raise preflop.

thirddan 02-24-2005 09:58 PM

the tommy hand was something like this...

folded to tommy in late position, he open raises 22, Ray zee 3bets from the blind, tommy folds...if i remember correctly just about everyone in mid/hi said it was bad to fold there and i agree...

Tommy Angelo 02-25-2005 01:49 PM

"the tommy hand was something like this... folded to tommy in late position,"

I was in the cutoff.

"he open raises 22, Ray zee 3bets from the blind,"

Ray was on the button.

"tommy folds...if i remember correctly just about everyone in mid/hi said it was bad to fold ..."

Except for Ray.

As to limping before the flop and then folding to a single raise, I don't think I ever have.

Tommy

roundhouse 02-25-2005 01:59 PM

if I know the preflop raiser is a total rock and he has position on me