Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Moss to be traded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=201475)

Edge34 02-23-2005 05:50 PM

Moss to be traded

The Minneapolis Star Tribune has reported that Randy Moss is going to be traded to the Oakland Raiders for LB Napoleon Harris, the 7th overall pick in this year's draft, and a lower round pick.

If that's the case, I'm sad to see him go. Say what you want about his antics like the fake mooning, but trading the guy who's arguably the NFL's best receiver (Second best at the very least) and is at the top of his career...that just doesn't seem like a smart move. That is, unless you're getting a TON of defensive help in return, which it looks like the Purple are.

Bye Randy... [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

At least he'll fit right in out in the Bay Area.

Patrick del Poker Grande 02-23-2005 05:52 PM

Re: Moss to be traded

I find it hard to believe that anything like this could take place while the team's ownership is still up in the air, as well as with Fowler's recent comments regarding the issue. Of course, I take those comments with a grain of salt, but still...

wh1t3bread 02-23-2005 05:52 PM

I would have much rather seen him come to the Jets for John "my knee has a boo-boo" Abraham.

Clarkmeister 02-23-2005 05:54 PM

"but trading the guy who's arguably the NFL's best receiver "

What's there to argue?

Patrick del Poker Grande 02-23-2005 05:55 PM

I really don't know how I feel about the Vikes trading Moss, but if they do trade him, they better get an assload for him. I'm thinking something along the lines of a shutdown CB or other dominant defensive presence along with at least two draft picks, one high enough to get Braylon Edwards and the other in the top half of the 2nd round. Also, I hope it's to the AFC.

Soul Daddy 02-23-2005 05:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would have much rather seen him come to the Jets for John "my knee has a boo-boo" Abraham.

[/ QUOTE ]
Well that was a much better deal for the Vikes, don't you think? They've got to get a difference maker on defense along with the draft pick. I don't think Harris fits the bill.

Clarkmeister 02-23-2005 05:57 PM

If Ricky Williams was worth the entire Saints draft, then Moss might be worth everything of value on the Raiders roster plus their draft.

Edge34 02-23-2005 05:57 PM

TO vs. Randy...I can't make that call. People dog Randy for his whole "I play when I wanna play still", and TO just blew it UP in the Super Bowl.

I think Randy's marginally better, but its DAMN close.

Edge34 02-23-2005 05:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If Ricky Williams was worth the entire Saints draft, then Moss might be worth everything of value on the Raiders roster plus their draft.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ni han.

Edge34 02-23-2005 06:00 PM

Patrick,

The Raiders are probably my 3rd favorite team in the league - I would've much rather seen this deal include Philip Buchanon than Napoleon Harris.

If the Vikes really are trading Randy away, they must feel pretty good with Marcus Robinson, Kelly Campbell, and Nate Burleson, but you just can't replace a guy like Randy...