Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Bonus Chasing: Play right away? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=201253)

broncofan 02-23-2005 11:13 AM

Bonus Chasing: Play right away?

Hi everyone, this is my first post at 2+2:
...Had a question regarding bonus chasing....When a new bonus is announced do most of you chasers go after it right away?...Do you find the players are tougher when a bonus comes out....is it best for a less experienced player to wait a few days to let the "bonus whores" go first? I usually clear my bonuses on .50/1 tables, and find that when a bonus comes out, i usually breakeven from play and my profit is the bonus $$.... any thoughts? TIA

TobDog 02-23-2005 11:17 AM

Re: Bonus Chasing: Play right away?

I personally prefer to hit it right away, cleaar it asap, but if I get busy with work or whatever, I dont want to wait till the end and miss it because I didnt get enought hands to clear it. Thats my approach, I also play 4 talbes at a site to clear a bonus(5 at stars). FYI.

La Brujita 02-23-2005 11:20 AM

I think the smaller the site the much more it is likely to be sensitive to bonus chasing. I would be more likely to wait a bit at Crypto or Pokerroom than Party.

This is more my gut feeling than anything since I never felt the difference was big enough for me to worry about.

Regards

VinnyTheFish 02-23-2005 11:32 AM

This method works for me:

I hit the Crypto's right away: I'll throw $200 into one and $200 into another. Play one, clear it and cash out. (* if you are lucky, you can clear it while playing a nice juicy table *) Then leave and sit bakc down under the other skin's name and they never know it's you! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Then play the next, clear it and cash out. By the time the second is cleared, the money has hit my Nettel and I move on to the third. Sometimes, I may have to wait a day.

Then, I play the 4th site and stay there until the last day of the month, since these sites are the most profitable for me.

I then repeat the process.

As for Party and Skins, I wait basically until the last possible minute to deposit. I do not know if I am avoiding any 2+2'ers or bonus sharks, but it is a technique taught to me by my affliate.

Then come the ones with long expiration dates or none: (Poker Room) These really do not matter.

stir 02-23-2005 11:33 AM

A relative novice would probably be better off waiting to let the initial rush of whores clear.

MadMat 02-23-2005 11:47 AM

I usually wait till around 11pm (uk time) that seems to be when all the american fish start to come online, and the $.5/1 at party goes soft as a marshmellow, even the day a new bonus is released!

And I'm probably now about to be flamed silly by the US 2+2ers who I don't include in the above catagory [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

RaiNz 02-23-2005 11:51 AM

I clear it right away, but then again I am a whore. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

VinnyTheFish 02-23-2005 11:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I usually wait till around 11pm (uk time) that seems to be when all the american fish start to come online, and the $.5/1 at party goes soft as a marshmellow, even the day a new bonus is released!

And I'm probably now about to be flamed silly by the US 2+2ers who I don't include in the above catagory [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is not a flame, but I do the opposite and target European sites during their peak hours. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

stir 02-23-2005 12:10 PM

No reason to flame. Generally speaking what you posted is true. There are probably more fish at the $.50/1 Party
than anywhere else. =And nothing startling about that - it is the biggest site.

Yads 02-23-2005 12:59 PM

I think playing the micro limits you don't have much to be worried about, most of the bonus whoring goes on at the small stakes.