Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   KdJd in the bb Tommy online?? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=201149)

DcifrThs 02-23-2005 04:08 AM

KdJd in the bb Tommy online??

Party Poker 30/60 Hold'em (7 handed) converter

sb stats are:{{H 270 - V 18 - R 11 - NF 11 - ag 2.1
ASB 41 - FSB 100 - FBB 43 - FBB-HU 40
WSD 23 - W$SD 45 - WF-T 2 - WF-R 0
BB/100 (0) - W ($134) - LS 02/05/2005}}

Preflop: Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (4 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (3 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks.

River: (3 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 5 BB

EDIT: uh, seeing it posted it seems like im saying im the equivalent of tommy angelo online. that is not what i want to say. rather, im wondering if this is the correct line. i learned it from tommy.

JAA 02-23-2005 04:25 AM

Re: KdJd in the bb Tommy online??

I like your play a lot here, primarily because I would play it exactly the same way against a player with these stats.

- Jags

Enon 02-23-2005 05:10 AM

Well played.

Curious, against an opponent of this type, how often are you going to 3 bet this preflop?

How would you play it if the flop came A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and he bet into you?

RogerM 02-23-2005 06:10 AM

What was your plan for the turn if he bet?

sublime 02-23-2005 06:23 AM

i think he would call

DeeJ 02-23-2005 06:34 AM

I do suck at headsup but I would be reraising preflop. Unless he has an Ace you are likely holding the best hand.

Since you only called the flop, I think it's unlikely he is going for the check-raise, so I would bet the turn. Maybe this sucks?

sthief09 02-23-2005 06:49 AM

how about a river raise. his play looks a lot like a pocket pair and I think he'll pay you off.

DcifrThs 02-23-2005 06:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Well played.

Curious, against an opponent of this type, how often are you going to 3 bet this preflop?

How would you play it if the flop came A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and he bet into you?

[/ QUOTE ]

first off, given the small number of hands, i will be 3betting pretty frequently.

honestly, it was just something about the way he raised that made me think in my gut that i should just call. i dunno...can't explain it...

on that flop you describe, i raise it a lot of the time. im not always against an ace. i have a flat draw to the nuts. if im against a ten with no K or J then i have even more outs...often, i'll be against an underpair that will fold to pressure. so raising that flop seems definately correct.

-Barron

DcifrThs 02-23-2005 06:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
how about a river raise. his play looks a lot like a pocket pair and I think he'll pay you off.

[/ QUOTE ]

and if he 3bets?

-Barron

DcifrThs 02-23-2005 06:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]

i think he would call

[/ QUOTE ]

ala guiness: "brilliant"

-Barron