Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Party $15/$30, pocket 9's (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=196944)

Fianchetto 02-16-2005 12:55 PM

Party $15/$30, pocket 9\'s

Party $15/$30, 9 handed.

I don't have the hand history, but here is how it went down, I am UTG+2 with 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].

UTG+1 open raises....

I have notes on UTG+1, he is a little bit on the loose aggressive side, but not a total donk. Something like VP$IP: 28% PFR: 15%

... I 3-bet, folded around to the BB who calls, UTG+1 caps, we call

3 players (6BB)

Flop: T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

UTG+1 bets, I call, BB calls.

3 players (7.5BB)

Turn: 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

UTG+1 bets, I raise, BB calls, UTG+1 3-bets, I call, BB calls

3 players (16.5BB)

River: 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

UTG+1 bets, I call, BB folds.

Comments? Anyone play it different?

Results to follow.

SinCityGuy 02-16-2005 01:07 PM

Re: Party $15/$30, pocket 9\'s

You've got a one card straight draw to the ass end, and you don't have the 9 of clubs.

I'm for folding this on the flop.

Kaz The Original 02-16-2005 01:09 PM

I was thinking this, and wasn't sure if it was too weak. I mean, it is "open ended" but if you hit the king you can't be very confidant.

I fold the flop too.

CanKid 02-16-2005 01:43 PM

I wouldn't have raised the turn - assuming you ARE ahead, any club, pair or A / K / 9 on river is bad news

Fianchetto 02-16-2005 02:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I wouldn't have raised the turn - assuming you ARE ahead, any club, pair or A / K / 9 on river is bad news

[/ QUOTE ]

...but that is why I raised the turn. If my hand is currently best I wanted to protect it by facing the BB with two bets cold. I would like him to fold any random club or other pair+gutshot type hand he might have, or at least charge him the max.

SA125 02-16-2005 02:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
...but that is why I raised the turn. If my hand is currently best I wanted to protect it by facing the BB with two bets cold.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a good idea vs the BB, but UTG1 hasn't slowed down a step. What hand would he play this way, from this position, you're ahead of?

SA125 02-16-2005 02:51 PM

Misread the post

There I go not being perfect again. Sorry.

Fianchetto 02-16-2005 03:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
That's a good idea vs the BB, but UTG1 hasn't slowed down a step. What hand would he play this way, from this position, you're ahead of?

[/ QUOTE ]

When it is my action on the turn here is the range of hands I think he could have:

AA, KK, QQ, JJ, TT, AK, AQ ... maybe KQs, 88.

I beat all of those except for AK...but I have to start giving more weight to it after his turn reraise.

He's a little loose aggressive, but he did cap preflop, so okay even restricting it to AA, KK, QQ, JJ, AK.

I still beat most of those.

TheBusiness 02-16-2005 03:22 PM

What about AQ clubs? He flops top pair, top kicker...turns the nuts. Seems like a possiblity with his VPIP and PRF percentages.

TheBusiness 02-16-2005 03:37 PM

And for the record, I am in the fold your hand on the flop camp. Given his preflop cap, it is basically impossible that you are ahead on the flop unless he is on a pure bluff. You have to make a hand on the turn or river to get ahead, but if a king hits, you have the ass end, and if you hit your set a king beats you. That really only leaves you 4 outs, and even the 8 of clubs could hurt you, as I suspect it did. This all assumes he is not on AK, which beats you anyway. I think you are beat by too many hands here and have too dangerous of a draw to call any bets on the flop.