Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Concerts it kills you knowing you missed (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=196616)

fnord_too 02-15-2005 11:45 PM

Concerts it kills you knowing you missed

For me there are three:

Talking Heads - Speaking in Tongues tour (I was a kid, this was before I knew how much they kicked ass and how great this particular concert was. It's the concert they filmed to make Stop Making Sense).

The first Lollapalooza (sp?) - A friend asked if I wanted a ticket and to go on a road trip, but like a [censored] idiot I said no because I would just be getting back into town from summer session in college and wanted to chill some. GRRRRRR. I saw number two, and it was. (Red Hot Chili Peppers (who were great) and 8 bands I wouldn't pay $3 to see in a bar.) I wanted to see everyone in the first line up, and had missed NIN and Jane's Addiction the billion times they played my town. Stupid Stupid Stupid

Beasties and A Tribe Called Quest - Tribes farewell tour. Was I older and wiser? [censored] no.

(This trip down regret lane brought to you by a session of loading my collection on the Ipod.)

So what are the concerts you could have gone to, and are kicking yourself for missing?

Alobar 02-16-2005 12:01 AM

Re: Concerts it kills you knowing you missed

RATM [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

AngryCola 02-16-2005 12:02 AM

1994 Pink Floyd Tour

I had a chance to go, but didn't.

Oops.

kipin 02-16-2005 12:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
1994 Pink Floyd Tour

[/ QUOTE ]

I was in 3rd grade and I had no idea who they were, but I remember seeing their blimp (promoting the tour) fly over the school during recess. Damn.

Dead 02-16-2005 12:15 AM

Woodstock 99.

Twenty minutes from my house. I was only 14 years old. Parents wouldn't let me go.

Understandable I guess. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Ulysses 02-16-2005 01:04 AM

Ugh.

Multiple Red Hot Chili Peppers shows.

Multiple Nirvana shows.

A couple of Lollapalloozas.

Multiple Stevie Ray Vaughn shows (I did get to see him a few times, though).

02-16-2005 01:09 AM

Styx at Rockland Community College in 1979. All the kids in my 8th grade class had Styx shirts the next day, except me. I felt so alone.

Patrick del Poker Grande 02-16-2005 01:28 AM

The Smashing Pumpkins last concert (that a normal guy could get into) - 11/29/00, United Center in Chicago. I was damn near obsessive-compulsive over the Pumpkins and since I lived in Northern WI, I never got a chance to see them live. I was ready to make the 6-8 hour drive from school to Chicago to make sure I got to see this one show, though. My friend and I spent an entire saturday morning making sure I got tickets in the pre-sale. I got tickets, but they weren't that great, so I also blew the next saturday morning trying to get better tickets in the general sale. I did get better tickets, but ended up with 2 extra sets, which I sold. Anyway, I ended up not being able to go because there was an exam that night that I couldn't miss because I was just about to graduate and I couldn't possibly miss this exam. The prof asked us on the first day of class (well before all the Pumpkins stuff went down) if anyone had any schedule conflicts with the exams. Since nobody objected right that second, he said alright, it's set in stone. As soon as I found out about the concert, I asked if I could take the exam early/late/whatever and he absolutely refused because I didn't object the first day of class. That cocksucking motherfucker son of a bitch was the only reason I missed the most badass concert ever because he wouldn't let me re-schedule a [censored] exam. I have a recording of the show and it was [censored] awesome - 3 hours plus of absolute badass rock. What a fucker. I'm pissed now.

ps. The list in that link isn't nearly complete.
pps. Three cheers for the censor filter on 2+2! No trickery here and my obscenity-laden post only got two words censored out - and they were the same word.

Boris 02-16-2005 01:50 AM

I was a sophomore in highschool in Missoula, MT and it just happened to be the second stop on the Beastie Boy's License To Ill tour. Gawd I'm still pissed I missed that one. License to Ill was their only good album and they played in the middle of Bumfuck USA with girls dancing in cages. I heard it was awesome.

astroglide 02-16-2005 03:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
License to Ill was their only good album

[/ QUOTE ]

wow is that ever wrong