Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Beginners Questions (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Beginner's Poker FAQ - Ready For Review (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=196100)

SheridanCat 02-15-2005 04:48 AM

Beginner\'s Poker FAQ - Ready For Review

Finally the Beginner's Frequently Asked Question is ready for prime time. I'm sure there are errors, so please bring anything you see to my attention.

You can find the FAQ here.

Also, if there is a question you'd like to see answered that isn't on the FAQ, either post it here or PM me.

I'm sorry this has taken so log to complete, but I hope it's helpful to people.

Regards,

T

AngryCola 02-15-2005 04:57 AM

Re: Beginner\'s Poker FAQ - Ready For Review

I can't believe you were still working on the FAQ!

Way to stick with it.
I'll check it out tomorrow.

Honestly, I will!

SheridanCat 02-15-2005 05:36 AM

Cola,

I'm especially interested in your opinions on the Odds stuff. Not my forte.

T

Dangergirl 02-15-2005 10:59 AM

Nice work! The only thing I see missing is something about Gametime, PLayerview and datamining. Other then that great job. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

SheridanCat 02-15-2005 11:32 AM

I just realized I forgot to put in the formala for PokerTracker aggression levels. I'll get that in ASAP.

T

Edit: Okay, fixed

theRealMacoy 02-15-2005 02:32 PM

wow,
i just had a chance to breeze through
but it is very well done
i like the answers and the additional information where needed

excellent work!

cheers,
the Real Macoy

Stuey 02-15-2005 04:44 PM

Thanks for putting such effort into this, it is perfect. Will it remain a external link or become a sticky?
And one dumb question. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] It's a PT question regarding the VP$IP stat. I play in full 10 player ring games normally so I want a VP$IP of < 20 %. But when these games become shorthanded I change the way I play. Is there a filter I am not aware of to show my stats when only 7 or more players are actively in the hand?

SheridanCat 02-15-2005 04:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for putting such effort into this, it is perfect. Will it remain a external link or become a sticky?

[/ QUOTE ]

The FAQ will remain an external link. Mason was clear that he didn't want 2+2 to appear to be endorsing any FAQ for this forum, so it can't be sticky. I'll post it occasionally to the forum and I'll keep it in my signature when I can remember to put it there.

I'll also add questions to it as time goes by.

[ QUOTE ]

And one dumb question. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] It's a PT question regarding the VP$IP stat. I play in full 10 player ring games normally so I want a VP$IP of < 20 %. But when these games become shorthanded I change the way I play. Is there a filter I am not aware of to show my stats when only 7 or more players are actively in the hand?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, there is a way to filter out hands that don't meet a minimum number of players. I don't have PT available to me at the moment. If I remember correctly, this criterion can be accessed on the General Info tab, lower right hand section around where you choose which game types to show.

I'll take a closer look when I get home. Also, a good place to find information about PokerTracker is their website, found here.

Regards,

T

Joe B. 02-15-2005 06:14 PM

another beginner book not listed on the faq for Low Limit is

Internet Texas Holdem by Matthew Hilger

thanks

AngryCola 02-15-2005 07:15 PM

This definitely is impressive.
You obviously put some real time into this.

So far, the only problems I can see coming are with the questions covering books. I realize this isn't an official FAQ, but some of the book suggestions might catch some flak.

The odds stuff looks good to me so far, but I haven't covered everything yet.

I'll write something for the search function question.
You can expect it on your desk tomorrow.

Anyway, as I already said, it looks very good.
I'll continue to go over it today.