Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Clearing a party bonus playing 25NL (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=195632)

silversurfer 02-14-2005 02:37 PM

Clearing a party bonus playing 25NL

Had an epiphany - turning down free money is bad! /sarcasm off

Going to clear my first bonus at PP starting tmrw. I'll be depositing $500 and withdrawing 3-350$ of it; I figure 150$-200 is plenty to clear the bonus playing 25nl.

Where I've never done this, I don't understand the whole raked hands thing; I'm assuming that it's every hand you are involved in(that meets PP's requirement for a raked hand), correct? Or is (my wishful thinking) it every raked hand as long as you are sitting at the table?

Question 2: how long should this take? I'll be playing extremely conservatively (I don't care if I break even, going to be nut-peddling for the most part, my goal is to get the 150$ cleared asap). Would it be faster at the 50nl tables?

Thanks in advance! Back to the search engine, trying to find an answer for this myself but haven't seen it yet....

Reef 02-14-2005 02:38 PM

Re: Clearing a party bonus playing 25NL

NL25 6 max. Min raise any hand you play. Obviously, you will raise more than min with premium hands

TheNoodleMan 02-14-2005 02:42 PM

NL isn't the best place to clear a bonus.
I'd reccomend playing multi full ring 1-2. You'll clear it in no time with less chance of a nasty downswing.

HRFats 02-14-2005 02:51 PM

You have to be involved in the hand not just watching - but you can fold pre-flop and still have the hand count. Assume that 60-75% of the hands will be raked. It will be faster to clear this by multi-tabling rather than going up in limits. Going up in limits only exposes you to potentially higher losses and the blinds eat away at your buy-in if you play ultra tight. The best recommendation that I personally received last week is to play the LIMIT tables when clearing a bonus. Your goal should be to break even or make a few bucks. The "prize" is the bonus. Don't lose sight of that. You see, I used to clear bonuses playing NL 25 and NL 50 and about busted my whole bankroll in a two hour bad run. I took a few days off, then began playing the LOW LIMIT tables and cleared bonuses on two sites this weekend with a little better than break even play. It's the best advice I have received. It worked so I am passing it on.

Rudbaeck 02-14-2005 03:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
NL isn't the best place to clear a bonus.
I'd reccomend playing multi full ring 1-2. You'll clear it in no time with less chance of a nasty downswing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually it is. A higher percentage of pots are raked at the nl25 tables than at the 1/2 tables.

TheNoodleMan 02-14-2005 03:23 PM

At a full ring 1-2, most pots meet party's raked hand requirement, and you get credit for a ton of automatic folds that turn into raked hands.
Yes, its is true that more NL hands are raked, but playing NL to bonus whore is counterintuitive. It is accepting greater risk for the same bonus.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the idea of bonus whoring to have the least risk you can while clearing the bonus?

HRFats 02-14-2005 03:31 PM

I'm with the Noodle on this one. You may have to play a few more hands with 1/2 limit BUT there is a lower risk of loss or bust at the limit tables. I would rather play a few more hands than take the NL risks. Basically I found this to be very true. If you take a bad beat at a limit table, you're out max $25 I think. If you take a bad beat at a NL table you will lose every dollar you have at the table. It's worse if and you happen to be up a few bucks before the hand because you lose it ALL. Like a poster told me last week, play the free rolls if you have a need to play NL. Stick to the limits to lower your risk when clearing a bonus.

silversurfer 02-14-2005 05:20 PM

Thanks for all the advice, guys. I didn't even consider playing limit (and where most of my playing is in NL at 10-20 SnG's, I may still at least try the 25 NLs) but will certainly keep that in mind.

Is this something I can do in a week or less? I play a good 5-6 hours a night, and a 10-12 hour day on the weekend is easy (and more importantly, fun).

Rudbaeck 02-14-2005 05:22 PM

Well, the upside to 25nl is that the momos so willing to call that you could probably show a profit if you folded all hands worse than AKs...

If you are playing losing poker and rely on the bonus to push you into a winner you're probably still better off at the 25nl tables than at the 1/2 tables.

MelchyBeau 02-14-2005 05:24 PM

yeah, very easily. bonuswhores.com says you should be able to clear about 10 bucks an hour on 1/2 limit tables full ring. so you could clear 20 just 2 tabling.

Melch