Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Chasing with AK (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=195127)

adamstewart 02-13-2005 05:39 PM

Chasing with AK

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG folds, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, SB calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (14 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, MP1 calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (8.50 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, MP1 calls, Hero calls.

River: (11.50 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, MP1 folds, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 13.50 BB

Commments on all streets?

Who raises the river?

Adam

einbert 02-13-2005 05:55 PM

Re: Chasing with AK

I like the turn call. Why not chase getting 10.5-1 (enough for an average of 4 outs) on a ragged, uncoordinated board against only two players. I think folding this turn would have been a mistake, especially considering you're closing the action.

PF and Flop are v straightforward imo.

If SB is anything but incredibly passive I'm raising this river. After 3-betting PF, the only logical hands that beat you are AA and TT (and maybe AT if SB is a PF LAG). You beat AQ, AJ, most Ax and JJ-KK (I see no reason why SB couldn't have this even though he bet the river). I raise this river, and if I get threebet I'm going to hand SB another $6 just because I'm feeling generous. I guess the reason you didn't raise is because you really REALLY don't want to get three-bet here, as it could easily be from a better or worse hand depending on how aggro the SB is. I raise it up.

Chris Daddy Cool 02-13-2005 05:57 PM

Raise the river.

only two hands beat you; AA and TT here.

adamstewart 02-13-2005 06:02 PM

ya, don't know what I was thinking.

I think at the time, I didn't know how I'd respond if he 3-bet me.

Adam

Erik W 02-13-2005 06:34 PM

Raise the river and if you don't improve on the river call anyway. There are plenty of times bettor has AK here and u split the pot.

Anyone disagree?

adamstewart 02-13-2005 06:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Raise the river and if you don't improve on the river call anyway. There are plenty of times bettor has AK here and u split the pot.

Anyone disagree?

[/ QUOTE ]

Is your Party name anything like your name here? If so, this hand may have been against you!

Adam

BottlesOf 02-13-2005 07:16 PM

Or an AQ with perhaps a draw that just hit an inferior piece. Yes.

deadmunny 02-13-2005 07:24 PM

Re: Chasing with AK/Question

Educate me, Why is a flop raise bad here? I might do this to try and see the river for free.

If I am reraised I would probably fold it.

Am I way off here?

Regards D

Nate tha' Great 02-13-2005 07:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Educate me, Why is a flop raise bad here? I might do this to try and see the river for free.

[/ QUOTE ]

Usually when you cap like this preflop and they go ahead and bet into the field anyway, they're excited about their hand, so I think it's somewhat more likely than usual that the opponent has a medium-large overpair. You don't raise because you'll get 3-bet by better hands but need to call the 3-bet and probably need to peel cards on turn since the pot is so large.

[ QUOTE ]
If I am reraised I would probably fold it.

[/ QUOTE ]

No you can't do that.

adamstewart 02-13-2005 07:37 PM

Exactly. I didn't feel raising the flop would earn me a free card here. I felt pretty confident that he'd 3-bet me.

Adam