Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Brick and Mortar (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   I'll be at Foxwoods today. (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=195050)

Joe Tall 02-13-2005 02:54 PM

I\'ll be at Foxwoods today.

20/40 Hold'em. Charcoal sweater, faded and newly wax-stained Red Sox cap, jeans, wicked tall, leather jacket wating for a table.

Say hi if you are there,
Joe Tall

JoeU 02-13-2005 07:08 PM

Re: I\'ll be at Foxwoods today.

Jerk!

You're a day late and a dollar short. I was there yesterday, and had the pleasure of waiting 2 hours for the 4-8. I must have put my name on 5-6 lists.

Play well, and I'll talk to ya soon.

Joe

frank white 02-14-2005 12:20 AM

i was there yesterday (saturday) as well. i waited for 2.5 hours for a 4/8 table to open, only to sit with 2 dudes that i know and play with all the time. i heard my name called for my 5/10 table an hour after i sat at 4/8. they had no problem calling the same names 20 times for people who we not showing up. that place is terribly run on the weekends. the dealers yesterday (at my table) were the the 3rd stringers.

Barry 02-14-2005 02:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
the dealers yesterday (at my table) were the the 3rd stringers.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's not true, you did have the 1st stringers. All the good dealers have become floors as of late. I've had a few 3rd stringers recently: 1 left crying. The other called the floor every other hand as she either mis-dealt, flopped 4 cards, burned and turned before action was completed, etc, that often.

lighterjobs 02-14-2005 02:20 AM

the wait for 4/8 is that long at foxwoods? how many 4/8 tables do they have?

frank white 02-14-2005 10:07 AM

usually on a weekend there are eight 4/8 tables going with 80-100 names on the list. it is very frustrating. weekdays there are 6 tables going for 4/8 with a minimal time to wait. there are around 80 tables in total. its a big room.

BeantownCaller 02-14-2005 12:48 PM

On Saturday I signed up for 4/8 and 1/2NL at the same time, I got a seat at 1/2NL in 2 hours and sat for like 6 hours, I never heard my name called for 4/8... Coulda missed it or maybe they figured I died of old age, but regardless I heard so few names called for for limit below 10/20 it's possible people valued their hard to come by seats so much they never got up.

mace25 02-14-2005 01:42 PM

i played 5-10 yesterday.. SUNDAY. had to wait about an hour. had my name on the 4-8 list.... and never saw it... after being there for 6 hours!

unreal. place was mobbed. at least i walked out with some easy cash [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Rick Nebiolo 02-14-2005 02:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
20/40 Hold'em. Charcoal sweater, faded and newly wax-stained Red Sox cap, jeans, wicked tall, leather jacket wating for a table.

Say hi if you are there,
Joe Tall

[/ QUOTE ]

Joe,

I might be there the Monday after Easter (I'm going back East to visit my parents, brother and friends). What time do I need to get there to easily get in a 20/40 holdem game and about how many games do they typically have going (or games close to this level). Also, other than the baby no limit, what sort of very low limit holdem action is available? I'm thinking of staking my brother - a rank beginner [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].

~ Rick

scrub 02-14-2005 02:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Say hi if you are there,
Joe Tall

[/ QUOTE ]

Joe,

I might be there the Monday after Easter (I'm going back East to visit my parents, brother and friends). What time do I need to get there to easily get in a 20/40 holdem game and about how many games do they typically have going (or games close to this level). Also, other than the baby no limit, what sort of very low limit holdem action is available? I'm thinking of staking my brother - a rank beginner [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].

~ Rick

[/ QUOTE ]

The games can be a pain to get into between noon and whenever they get the first must move going in the afternoon, then a pain again in the evening. The 20 is the least terrible wait in the room, though.

The lowest HE games are 2/4 and 4/8. Getting a $2 chip seat after people get off involves huge waits any day of the week. I've gone with friends who have waited 4 hours on Wednesday nights...

scrub