Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   can anyone tell me what a good a 5-10 6max player makes? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=191972)

Hulk Hogan 02-08-2005 02:01 AM

can anyone tell me what a good a 5-10 6max player makes?

i am new to shorthanded play, as i came from 3-6. can anyone tell me what a good shorthanded player makes at 5-10 on party? what sort of bb/100 should you expect from that game? thanks.

jfresh 02-08-2005 02:19 AM

Re: can anyone tell me what a good a 5-10 6max player makes?

i'll give you a serious response:
between 2 and 3 BB/100 is excellent. depends on how many tables you play.

side note:
the question has been asked a lot and everyone hates it. its been overdiscussed and i'm not sure if a sure 100% consensus was reached. but 2-3 is something to shoot for.

Hulk Hogan 02-08-2005 02:22 AM

i'm sorry about that. i just discovered the search thing and i will try to use that to answer my questions from now on before i post them. newbie bad!

ty for the answer though, i appreciate it.

Michael Davis 02-08-2005 02:33 AM

Schneids would make well over 4.

-Michael

Scotch78 02-08-2005 02:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i'm sorry about that. i just discovered the search thing and i will try to use that to answer my questions from now on before i post them. newbie bad!

ty for the answer though, i appreciate it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Since you seem like good people, I'll give you the heads-up . . . post specific hands. If it's a general question, it's been asked and answered before, so try the search function first and don't forget about the recent archives. Stat posts are also frowned upon for the most part, and particularly whining about downswings. If you complain (asking if it's normal is treated the same way) about any downswing less than 300BB, you will be gang raped by stripsqueez, naphand and me at the very least, and probably a dozen more posters. And check out this post first, it's the closest thing to a FAQ that HUSH has.

Scott

Hulk Hogan 02-08-2005 02:40 AM

Thank you, much appreciated. I am also going to try to type with proper grammar and such, as that seems to be the way of things here too, haha.

People complain about downswings here? That's just poker, why do they come here and tell people about it? It's not like you can do anything to help them defeat variance (and if you can, please let me in on it!!!!)

sublime 02-08-2005 02:55 AM

That's just poker, why do they come here and tell people about it? It's not like you can do anything to help them defeat variance

spoken like a true 6-max party newbie.

welcome aboard hulkster

Joe826 02-08-2005 02:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
People complain about downswings here? That's just poker, why do they come here and tell people about it? It's not like you can do anything to help them defeat variance (and if you can, please let me in on it!!!!)

[/ QUOTE ]

When you're 300 BB's in the red and you have no idea what's goin on, you'll understand. Welcome to the forums..

Hulk Hogan 02-08-2005 03:06 AM

haha I probably will. I haven't gone on a 300 bb slide yet but only been playing poker for about 2 yrs.

naphand 02-08-2005 04:23 AM

Would he? And how would you make such a judgement? Based on his posts? You can do math based on his posts? How many tables is he playing? I think this is an answer for him to make, not others to make assumptions. Would anyone like to guess Schneids shoe size? On the other foot, the answer may already be in the archives... [img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img]