Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Beginners Questions (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Need advice on collecting a very large debt.... (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=189758)

Xelent 02-04-2005 04:22 AM

Need advice on collecting a very large debt....

I played some rich fish in a heads up game for high stakes one night. This guy runs a home game that I had been to before and I had grown to trust him. I bought in for $2300 and starting it heads up at midnight NL with 5/10 blinds. By the end of the night it was 25/50 and I cashed out at $10,125. He was only able to pay back $1500 total because he had also lost in the ring game before the heads up and didnt have any more cash on him. He said he would have the money by a certain time and he owes me $8600. Now he says me and my friend cheated him and he won't pay me. What is the best course of action?

The-Matador 02-04-2005 04:23 AM

Re: Need advice on collecting a very large debt....

Hired goons.

Xelent 02-04-2005 04:32 AM

I'd rather do something more reasonable as he is a respected man in the business world and can hire much better goons and I am a college student.

bernie 02-04-2005 04:36 AM

Why would you play for that kind of money without seeing the cash up front? It's your own fault, really. That kind of carelessness in this situation lends me to believe this is a bogus post.

Best course? Never play with him again. I'd right off the amount to a learning experience.

b

Sponger15SB 02-04-2005 04:36 AM

I'd just like to point out how stupid you are for trusting him, and thinking that the guy would actually pay up. Only play people who have cash up front.

Also you're never getting your money back.

lostinthought 02-04-2005 04:42 AM

Are you serious?

Michael Davis 02-04-2005 04:45 AM

You're never seeing a dime unless you can shake him up. If it's wise not to mess with him, you take the loss and move on.

-Michael

zephed56 02-04-2005 05:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd rather do something more reasonable as he is a respected man in the business world and can hire much better goons and I am a college student.

[/ QUOTE ]
Tell him you'll forgive the debt if he hooks you up with a cushy job.

Siingo 02-04-2005 08:11 AM

I second this one!

I really hope it is not. Becaus you will probably not see this money. And since it went this way this time, then he will proably not want to play with you again. Then you will not only have lost the money but you will also have lost a very good fish to make money from in the future!

If you had played with real cash from the beggining then this would probably not have happend!

turnipmonster 02-04-2005 11:53 AM

in a home game, everyone should buy in and the money should be kept in a bank. in the home games I sometimes play, the guy who runs the game (the house) buys in the same as everyone else. you're probably not going to see the money, but it's incredibly naive to think he's good for it in the first place. I mean, you're playing the guy heads up for christsakes.

--turnipmonster