Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Questions about "One Pair" hands in Pokertracker (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=187836)

jon_keck 02-01-2005 08:49 AM

Questions about \"One Pair\" hands in Pokertracker

First off, I'm really not sure where to post this. I get a lot of good input on my posts here though, and since the sample is from micro play, I figured this was the best place to ask.

After nearly 9900 hands in PT, "One Pair" hands (under the Misc Stats tab) have lost $637 - 637 BIG BETS! My W$SD with these hands is 41%, which doesn't seem terrible, but being over $600 in the red from the times when I had one pair has me scratching my head.

My questions are:

#1. About losing $637 with one pair hands - what the hell? Is that anywhere close to normal? It seems bizarre to me because I assumed the winning pairs I take to SD would more than cover the losses of folded pairs and pairs that lost at SD.

Basically - is this a sign of a huge leak, or am I focusing too much on it?

#2. The numbers don't seem to add up as far as total hands go. I.e., looking at pokertracker leads me to think that I have folded over 3,000 one pair hands before the flop, which doesn't make any sense. Can someone explain how this all adds up because I'm not seeing it.

The breakdown for "Final Hand - One Pair" is:

Total times - 4248

Saw flop - 1176 (It looks like I had a pair 4248 times and only saw the flop 1176 times?)
Folded flop - 449

Folded turn - 210

Folded River- 130

Went to SD - 271

milesdyson 02-01-2005 08:59 AM

Re: Questions about \"One Pair\" hands in Pokertracker

Check hands that weren't folded. Right now it's counting losses from hands that you're folding on the flop, say 75 in the BB with a KQ5 flop.

jon_keck 02-01-2005 09:53 AM

That gives a totally different picture of things, thanks. I still think there's something I'm not getting, mainly how it's counting 4000+ pair hands. Maybe after some rest I'll figure it all out.

davelin 02-01-2005 10:49 AM

Yes, make sure the checkbox is checked off. I believe it also counts hands that you won, didn't go to showdown and you held one-pair (e.g. AA on a 982 board).

jon_keck 02-01-2005 11:14 AM

Ok, I see what it's doing now.

If I fold Q3o preflop and a 3 or a Q comes on any card, OR if there is a pair on the board, it gets counted for my "One Pair" total. That's why the total # of pairs is so high.

As for the huge loss I'm showing, that's because any money I lost when the board paired is counted against my "One Pair" hands even if I didn't pair a hole card.

It's pretty interesting now that I understand what exactly it's doing.

BradleyT 02-01-2005 11:46 AM

I have Royal Flush -$.25

At first I thought it was a fluke with PT.

Do you see why it shows now?

jon_keck 02-01-2005 11:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I have Royal Flush -$.25

At first I thought it was a fluke with PT.

Do you see why it shows now?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hah!

Yeah, I learned a little by reading some PT help stuff, then when I began investigating the hands it was counting below the totals it made perfect sense.

If I'd had something like that royal flush in mine I think I would have caught on sooner. I'd been concerned about my losses with pairs for a couple weeks now [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

BradleyT 02-01-2005 12:00 PM

One pair and no pair hands will be your highest losing hands. Flushes will probably be your highest winning hand.

davelin 02-01-2005 12:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
One pair and no pair hands will be your highest losing hands. Flushes will probably be your highest winning hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Disagree. If you have the checkbox checked, one-pair hands should definitely be profitable and it's a problem if it isn't.

jon_keck 02-01-2005 12:13 PM

Here's how mine looks:

(biggest winners at top)

Unchecked :
1.Two Pair
2.Straight
3.Flush
4.Three of a Kind
5.Full House
6.One Pair
7.Four of a Kind