Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   65o BB - how do you play this turn? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=186806)

jon_keck 01-30-2005 06:30 PM

65o BB - how do you play this turn?

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Button calls, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (5 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG checks, MP1 checks, Button checks.

Turn: (2.50 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero ???

Is raising here going to get the most money into the pot over the long run?

Nick Royale 01-30-2005 06:34 PM

Re: 65o BB - how do you play this turn?

[ QUOTE ]
Is raising here going to get the most money into the pot over the long run?

[/ QUOTE ]
The pot is tiny so I would call hoping for overcalls. I can't see any reason at all to expect anyone call 2 cold behind and you have the nuts. Sure, a heart at river might cost you a pot you would have won by raising the turn and SB could have slowplayed a flopped set giving you lots of action if you raise, but I wouldn't count on it.

Isura 01-30-2005 07:07 PM

Agree. Raising gains you little here. Even the fish at party usually know how big the pot is, and few will call 2 cold. Call and hope for a scare card so you get action on the river. Even if someone improbably sucks out, the pot is small and you gain more by calling here.

Buck_65 01-30-2005 07:10 PM

Definitely go for the overcalls here. Since no one bet the flop, I highly doubt you'll find someone who will call 2 cold on the turn when a 4 falls, but they very well may pay 1 bet to see the river.

jon_keck 01-30-2005 09:20 PM

Much to my dismay, here's how the hand played out:

Turn: (2.50 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG folds, MP1 folds, Button folds, SB calls.

River: (6.50 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls.

Final Pot: 8.50 BB

Hero shows [ 6h, 5s ] a straight, three to seven.
SB doesn't show [ 4d, 4c ] three of a kind, fours.

SB betting out on that card threw me off, and I really wasn't sure what I wanted to do. I hoped that there might be a draw or two to call behind me, and also that the sb might have a hand worth 3-betting, so I went with the raise.

I'll play it better next time. Thanks for the input.