Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   2+2 game for Friday (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=185428)

soah 01-28-2005 02:53 AM

2+2 game for Friday

Based upon the replies from my last thread...

On Friday (today) at 9 PM eastern I will sit down at an empty $5 table and an empty $25 table at Pokerstars. (In case you missed the previous thread... the $5 tables offer 250x stacks rather than 100x. Only play the $5 table if you're willing to treat the game seriously despite the lack of money involved.) I'm assuming we will have a pretty good turnout again, so once those have filled up we can begin taking over more tables as necessary. We will probably need a couple of people to play two tables, but when someone new shows up asking for a seat, you must give up one of yours. Prior to standing up from a table, make sure that we have another 2+2er on the waiting list to avoid ackward problems with fish unwittingly joining us.

Last week Matt was hoping that we could have a "moderator" or "host" at each table to lead the discussion of the hands which were played. This didn't really happen, but hopefully we can do a bit better this time. If you have spent lots of time playing against tough competition and feel that you could do a good job of critiquing people's play of specific hands, please PM me or post a reply about it here. We ask that everyone show their cards at the end of each hand in order to facilitate this discussion.

I will be posting a second thread regarding a game on Saturday.

theredpill2 01-28-2005 03:07 AM

Re: 2+2 game for Friday

I'm interested in this. Unless I'm out with my FRIENDS. I DO HAVE FRIENDS. GEEZ. I bet I have more friends than many of you on here. I have at least 20. I got so many friends that I can't really count them all. I also drink a lot of beer. FREE BEER. How many of you get your beer for free ? Yeah that's what I thought. I get supplied free beer. Ok, I'm interested in this and I will play if I'm not drunk that night.

lapoker17 01-28-2005 03:23 AM

Awesome.

Jay36489 01-28-2005 06:37 AM

If you can't count them all then where did the number 20 come from?

mythrilfox 01-28-2005 06:56 AM

What is your name on pokerstars? How do we locate this table?

BradleyT 01-28-2005 11:31 AM

What is awkward about a fish joining the table? That's more real-world than a table of 10 2+2'ers who fold around to the button 40% of hands.

amoeba 01-28-2005 11:33 AM

dah, not enough time for me to deposit at stars.

anybody want to transfer me like $25?

I'll transfer to you on party same amount.

CCass 01-28-2005 01:09 PM

I will try to play tonight. My screen-name on Stars is CCass.

I don't consider myself an expert by any stretch of the imagination, as my normal game is the $1/2 NL on Stars, but I would be glad to "lead" the discussion at one of the tables.

Also, everyone needs to show their hole cards at the end of the hand. We are doing this to learn and get better (hopefully).

amoeba 01-28-2005 01:10 PM

$1/2 on stars is pretty good.

wbrumfiel 01-28-2005 01:55 PM

Is it $5 buy in or $5BB? I could go for a $5 buy-in lesson [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]