Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   AA hand - we're hu on the flop (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=181733)

jon_keck 01-22-2005 07:06 AM

AA hand - we\'re hu on the flop

Read on villain is LPP (40/1/.6) after 30ish hands.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, BB folds, MP1 calls.

Flop: (5.50 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP1 calls.

Turn: (6.75 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero??</font>

I'm wondering about how to play the flop and the turn. Mostly the turn though.

When he leads the turn after I cap the flop, is the best line call/call if UI? If you think raising the turn is better, why?

sin808 01-22-2005 07:13 AM

Re: AA hand - we\'re hu on the flop

I like raising the turn here against most players. You still have an overpair, and you hold the A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. 30ish hands isn't enough to get anything close to an accurate read I don't think. If 3 bet I call down.

TwoShedsJackson 01-22-2005 09:59 AM

I do the same here, you could see a hand like KT[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], it could also be 22 or 88.

RaiNz 01-22-2005 10:33 AM

I raise the turn and call a 3 bet. You have an overpair + nut flush draw. If he already has the flush or set you have a re-draw on him to the nuts.

Wario 01-22-2005 10:38 AM

I would call the turn bet and then call the river unimproved.

You capped the flop and MP1 still lead the turn, very few players do this with something your hand beats.

Aaron W. 01-22-2005 12:31 PM

Calling down is fine. So far, he has shown himself not to be a LAG, but you don't know enough to say that he isn't a rock.

Raising the turn is okay, but I wouldn't. With the lack of specific player information, it's basically just a +Variance move. On average, I would almost suspect that a turn raise is a little -EV just because I don't see many non-LAGs bet into a flop capper.

JoshuaD 01-22-2005 12:46 PM

I call down. You're probably behind here. The flush draw is nice, but it's not coming in often enough to make 3-bets on the turn worth their while.

jon_keck 01-22-2005 01:02 PM

I raised the turn, and villain 3-bet. I didn't think flush, so KQ seemed most likely - especially with the K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. River brought the A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and I raised when he bet. He called and mucked K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].

I would have never put him on that.