Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Poker Theory (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   worst streak ever??? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=179999)

elmitchbo 01-19-2005 03:35 PM

worst streak ever???

in about an hour i've seen the worse beats of my life.

1. AA with another ace on the flop and lost to a straight.

2. KK and lost to A2o.

3. QQ that made a flush and lost to a higher flush.

4. AKs twice and both times i made the straight. both times i lost to a flush!!!

all that in rapid succession. rough going today.

swede123 01-19-2005 03:41 PM

Re: worst streak ever???

I really think that is the worst streak in the history of poker! Did you record hand histories of these hands? You may be able to qualify for the Guinness Book of Records!!!!

Cheers,

Swede

B40 01-19-2005 04:08 PM

What level is this at? I'm having a bit of a bad streak today at $0.5/1 Party Poker, damn fish keep outdrawing me [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

lil_o 01-19-2005 04:35 PM

maybe you should try folding on the river to a raise for a coordinated board

kpux 01-19-2005 05:34 PM

Wow, some of those are really bad. When you had the KK vs. the A2, did you get that awful feeling that an ace was going to come on the flop? I hate that bad beat feeling. But then he doesn't even bet it because he is such a huge fish! So you keep being aggressive but he just kept calling. I bet you lost about 3 or 4 big bets on that one.

Rough stuff. I've never seen anything like that. Once I had a set and lost, but I think that's just about the worst.

xCEO 01-19-2005 06:37 PM

Just fold the next one preflop [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

Wouter

edge 01-19-2005 07:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Rough stuff. I've never seen anything like that. Once I had a set and lost, but I think that's just about the worst.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, wow. I once had two pair cracked, and I lost with an overpair a few times, but I've never lost with a set. That must put you on major tilt.

BarronVangorToth 01-19-2005 07:45 PM

What everyone is saying above in the traditional 2+2 style is to not worry, just evaluate your game, maybe reread some books, take a break, and realize that this happens.

It will happen again.

And it will be worse.

Barron Vangor Toth
www.BarronVangorToth.com

Sasnak 01-19-2005 07:54 PM

Oone time at band camp... I like, uh, got two aces... and they didn't win either.

RokyMtnGamlr 01-19-2005 08:08 PM

I know how you feel. I have been on a streak like this for over 2 1/2 months, Its like they know what I have, and what is coming.
RMG [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]