Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   JTs in family pot, faces turn C/R (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=179771)

private joker 01-19-2005 05:10 AM

JTs in family pot, faces turn C/R

I muck this preflop 90% of the time, but the last gazillion pots on this table were multiway and unraised; I expected the same this time and was not disappointed.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $2.
UTG folds, Hero calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, CO (poster) checks, Button calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (7 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(7 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, CO folds, Button calls, SB folds, BB calls.

Turn: (6 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls, MP2 calls.

River: (12 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls, MP2 folds.

Final Pot: 14 BB

These turn check-raises are often legit, so I hesitated calling this river, especially since I wasn't closing the action. But I could not for the life of me find the fold button. The pot was sizable. Anyone else find it? How often is my hand good here?

KidNapster 01-19-2005 06:12 AM

Re: JTs in family pot, faces turn C/R

Fold preflop.

DeeJ 01-19-2005 06:15 AM

I think I find the fold button when he c/r into two players. If my kicker was a bit better I call down like you. As it is fairly likely you will see the showdown, I like to fold here and see what I folded to. If it was heads up I with this ragged board I think I call down, but depends on the player.

wuarhg 01-19-2005 06:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Fold preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

No.

I think it looks standard pretty standard.

DeeJ 01-19-2005 06:18 AM

If we believe joker's advice that the table is way loose passive, I think I would be limping in with JTs from any position. Normally it's a fold, yes.

wuarhg 01-19-2005 06:20 AM

Well the pot is pretty big when it's one back to him and villain might have some weird twopair. Ofcourse he could have a set but that's life.

Nate tha' Great 01-19-2005 06:34 AM

If I've got two suited face cards, I need a very good reason *not* to enter an unraised pot. This is a pretty standard preflop limp. It's not going to make you a huge amount of money, but it's going to make you a little bit of money, unless the game is extremely tight/aggressive/tough.

JoshuaD 01-19-2005 06:48 AM

Any reads on BB?

If he's got some baby two pair, you've got 8 outs, if he's got two pair with the J, you've got 3 outs, if he's got a set or a straight you're dead.

The pots laying you 10:1 (I don't see MP2 folding here very often), and I think his most likely hand is two pair made with the 6. So you've got something like 6 outs on average, making you good for a call here on the turn.

When the river doesn't improve, you're getting 12:1 on a call, with the possibility of that damned overcaller.

If MP2 is the sort of player that's calling down with mid pair here, I think you call on the turn. If he's probably got a legitimate hand, you've got to chuck it on the turn. If you call the turn, you should showdown even if you don't improve.

Festus22 01-19-2005 06:48 AM

At Party $2/4, I limp EP here every time and usually raise LP. I suggest you review the tight preflop table in SSHE.

You're 10:1 on the immediate call but will have to call a river bet as well giving you basically 6:1 to showdown. So unless you have some specific read - fold. You're behind I'd guess 90% of the time.

sthief09 01-19-2005 09:54 AM

logic says to fold, but experience says to call. I'll go with experience. nice hand