Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   AQs live hand (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=177853)

octop 01-15-2005 11:40 PM

AQs live hand

Borgata 1/2 NL 300 max
Villian and me both have around 300 and were the only 2 tight players at the table

He raises MP1 to 10 I call on the CO with AQs

Flop Q72 rainbow (Pot 23)

He checks I bet 25 he raises to 75

What would you do?

edge 01-16-2005 12:13 AM

Re: AQs live hand

Fold. If he's tight, the best you can expect is a split, but it's more likely he's holding AA.

Biff M. 01-16-2005 03:43 AM

Fold preflop. What would a tight player open for 5x with? AA KK QQ AK

octop 01-16-2005 04:48 AM

Yea I probably should have folded but I also had position on the guy and not to sound like somebody who plays 7 3 suited to a raise but they were suited. I did fold and my best guess was on the flop he had kings. I dont see him checkraising a set so queens are out the window, and with aces he would let me dig my own grave. I figured with kings he knew I called with a high ace and didnt want one to come off on the turn.

Biff M. 01-16-2005 06:09 AM

I think it's just borderline, but if I know he's a tight, and maybe good postflop player I fold this. I just can't see how I can make any money on this hand.

BobboFitos 01-16-2005 10:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Villian and me both have around 300 and were the only 2 tight players at the table

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
He raises MP1 to 10 I call on the CO with AQs

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

octop 01-17-2005 12:26 AM

I take it this was that terrible of a call preflop
Ill keep that in mind

TheWorstPlayer 01-17-2005 12:29 AM

I don't think it is terrible if he weren't a tight player and if you think that you can outplay him post flop. I think BF was picking up on the fact that you called yourself tight and then said that you called a raise with AQs which, although not terrible under some circumstances, is not exactly 'tight'. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Whatchugondo 01-17-2005 01:23 AM

I don't think your pre flop call was terrible. I would have done the same. I would probably fold this on the flop though, as already mentioned if he's tight than the best you can hope for is a split and most likely you're beat.

istewart 01-17-2005 01:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think your pre flop call was terrible. I would have done the same. I would probably fold this on the flop though, as already mentioned if he's tight than the best you can hope for is a split and most likely you're beat.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a dream flop for AQ, that's the whole point. If you think calling this preflop against a TAG is good, then you must be able to play this flop. If you can't, then the PF call is questionable.