Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Did I pick a good time to slowplay? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=177848)

OrangeKing 01-15-2005 11:32 PM

Did I pick a good time to slowplay?

After reading SSHE, I'm never quite comfortable with knowing when I should slowplay and when I should just bet out. I think I was correct here, but I'd appreciate any suggestions/comments.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, Hero calls, Button folds, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (6 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG+1 checks, MP2 checks, MP3 checks, Hero checks.

Turn: (3 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, Hero calls, SB folds, BB folds.

River: (7 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 calls.

Final Pot: 13 BB

SA Goon 01-15-2005 11:35 PM

Re: Did I pick a good time to slowplay?

I usually don't slowplay and a draw-heavy flop like that, the rest is fine, especially river.

Steve McQueen 01-15-2005 11:36 PM

Don't slowplay if the board is both two suited and somewhat connected.

royaltrux 01-15-2005 11:39 PM

Like McQueen said, SSH says not to slowplay a suited/connected board. But your line wasn't awful just not the best one. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Steve McQueen 01-15-2005 11:40 PM

He will still show a positive expectation over the long run by playing it the way he did.

It would be a mistake to look at this from a results oriented point of view.

OrangeKing 01-15-2005 11:41 PM

Yeah, that's what I was most concerned with, the flop check.

Who are you on SA? Spend any time in PITR? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Nick Royale 01-15-2005 11:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Did I pick a good time to slowplay?

[/ QUOTE ]
The flop is coordinated to be good to slowplay. Since you're last to act you'll get callers anyway, many will assume it's a bluff.

Given your way of playing the flop a turn raise is mandatory. You have 3 players trapped for 1 BB each.

Shillx 01-15-2005 11:44 PM

This flop "check behind with a great hand" nonsense is starting to spread, and it is pretty disturbing IMO. Bet the damn flop already people.

Brad

OrangeKing 01-15-2005 11:45 PM

Hmm, guess I did miss a bunch of bets here - I figured you guys would find plenty. For some reason, I thought I'd get overcalls that never came on the turn, and maybe that would lead to extra river bets. Oh well.

Shillx 01-15-2005 11:47 PM

How bout we just don't slowplay period. In a multiway pot, slowplaying is just horrible. Heads up there are some times for it, but not when 6 people take a flop.

Brad