Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   JJ hand - Fold or not to Fold? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=177011)

limodude 01-14-2005 12:40 PM

JJ hand - Fold or not to Fold?

Only 12 hands dealt and both villians were around 20/2/1

This hand gave me alot of trouble because I normally would never fold this hand. But as I read alot of posts in here I see people say to stay aggresive until you meet resistance. But know that I look at it, getting 17 to 1 odds on that last call, I should have called right? Any comments would be appreciated. Thanks

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 caps</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (12 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, SB calls.

Turn: (9 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls.

River: (12 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, SB calls, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 17 BB

btspider 01-14-2005 03:45 PM

Re: JJ hand - Fold or not to Fold?

rough hand, no wonder you have no responses. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

PF/flop look good. gotta try to fold UTG+1's 6 outer on the flop.

turn is really difficult. you have a small sample size on these guys but UTG+1 would appear reasonable. a raise here getting 3-bet would suck. AK could possibly just call your raise as well knowing you either have the AA/AK/KK or an underpair with few outs. he could then bet the river and leave you guessing if you tried for a free showdown. so i think the turn call is alright.. a fold seems too hasty.

river, gotta play it like this. if you weren't prepared to call a river bet, you'd have folded the turn. the river raise looks like A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (or maybe the K). you get to close the action, but you'd have to overcall a raise.. the pot is big, but even getting 17:1 seems like it may be a stretch for 2 semi-tight players (over no sample size) to be bluffing away.

SB has.... no idea.. weird stop-n-go on a scare card into 2 raisers... K6??

tiltaholic 01-14-2005 03:57 PM

this is a really tough hand.
thank you for posting this.

i concur with btspider.
i can't see any way you are ahead on the river. i don't think it's unreasonable to fold this. preflop capper? what did he cap with that you beat TT? AQs?
the only thing i can think to say is that - prior to reading ed miller, i would have folded in a heartbeat.
early in a session, i might call if i neeeded to see his cards, but since BB called i'm getting their hands anyway.

these hands anger me. i probably just call and clear my head for the next hand, thinking ed miller owes me a BB [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

limodude 01-14-2005 05:02 PM

SB had 89o and won the pot with a pair of nines. UTG+1 tried to bluff with absolutely nothing. I really wanted to jump across the table and go on "tilt". But that is just poker at the party level right. Thanks for the advice. Like you said I should have called knowing that I only have to win 6% of the time.