Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   TPTK/nut flush draw on the flop (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=175695)

jds1201 01-12-2005 12:49 PM

TPTK/nut flush draw on the flop

Typical Party $25NL table. Villian loose/passive with about a 60% VP$IP and post flop aggression 0.75. I liked my hand on the flop with TPTK and the big draw, but when he called the big raise, I thought I needed to improve to win. Villian was easily capable of playing any two suited cards. I thought he could either be trapping with a made flush or have a baby flush that he though I might have beat, so I didn't consider making two pair on the turn to be a big help.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (10 handed) converter

MP3 ($21.75)
CO ($38.4)
Button ($66.07)
SB ($40.8)
BB ($23.75)
UTG ($72.7)
UTG+1 ($25)
UTG+2 <font color="#A500AF">(Villian)</font> ($27.9)
Hero ($44.15)
MP2 ($13.1)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $0.25.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls $0.50, UTG+2 <font color="#A500AF">(Villian)</font> calls $0.50, Hero calls $0.50, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO calls $0.50, Button folds, SB (poster) completes, BB checks.

Flop: ($3) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Villian bets $4</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $10</font>, CO folds, SB folds, BB folds, UTG+1 folds, Villian calls $6.

Turn: ($23) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Villian checks, Hero checks.

River: ($23) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Villian checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: $23

amoeba 01-12-2005 12:54 PM

Re: TPTK/nut flush draw on the flop

I would have raised a bit more on the flop. maybe even all in.

I like your turn and river check though though.

why no raise preflop?

lostinthought 01-12-2005 01:03 PM

When you check through on the turn, it looks like you were charging lone cards for the flush, or looking him up.

If he has a flush, I would be suprised if he doesn't bet on the river.

My initial reaction was to bet the river. However, if you bet for value on the river, I am not sure if he will call you. Unless he check-raises you all in with a better hand.

So, looks good.

jds1201 01-12-2005 01:30 PM

&gt; why no raise preflop?

Another position or two later and I would have raised it, but AJo is such a marginal hand. I like to limp this here on a nice passive table. If I get a raise behind me I can either lay it down or proceed cautiously based on the player doing the raising. If I don't get a raise and an ace flops, I feel better about the chances of not being up against AQ or AK.

Thanks for the input.

JDS

amoeba 01-12-2005 01:33 PM

Ah, I should have noticed this is full ring.

preflop limp is fine.

jds1201 01-12-2005 01:39 PM

river check and results

I thought long and hard about a river bet. I didn't think he was tricky enough to check a flush after my turn check, but I couldn't figure out many non-flush hands that he would call with either. I'm pretty certain that he would have just folded as he was holding J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and MHIG.