Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Unintentional Pairing (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=170368)

TazQ 01-03-2005 03:33 PM

Unintentional Pairing

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 4 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, SB calls, BB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (12 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, SB folds, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, BB calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (10.50 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, BB calls, Hero calls.

River: (13.50 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks.

Bet the river? Button is a LAG. BB is very loose, marginally aggressive.

sqvirrel 01-03-2005 03:53 PM

Re: Unintentional Pairing

[ QUOTE ]
Bet the river? Button is a LAG. BB is very loose, marginally aggressive.

[/ QUOTE ]

Depends on how sure you are to get a bet from button, I guess.

Out of curiosity if you miss on the river, button bets and BB folds do you call or fold? (just trying to gauge how much of a lag you think button is)

Grisgra 01-03-2005 03:57 PM

If Button is a LAG then I guess you raise after he bets the river? Or no?

TazQ 01-03-2005 03:58 PM

I can fold to the river bet when I miss since he 3-bet my checkraise on the flop plus the preflop action. FYI, he is 42% VP and 18% PFR.

TazQ 01-03-2005 04:01 PM

Well, BB is very loose.

I figure if I check, LAG bets BB is likely to call and I can make the overcall.

If I bet, LAG raises BB will fold his marginal hands and I don't feel comfortable 3-betting with a weak ace, even vs a LAG. So now I have to call, risking 2 BB for 2 when I think I'm probably behind in this situation.

If I check, LAG bets, BB calls, and I raise, I'd really hate to be 3-bet here.

I dunno, I like the first situation. Putting in 1 BB to win 2 by check/calling. Of course if LAG checks, I get screwed.

Klak 01-03-2005 05:43 PM

official creepiest avatar award

you win wierdo

DrGutshot 01-03-2005 06:33 PM

just check call....you will be put in a very bad mood if you are raised. Being in a good state of mind after this hand can easily make up for bets lost from being pissed off about paying off a raise.

He will rarely raise with a hand that you beat here, so just let him bet his worse hand instead.

if it goes check/check/check and you take it down, then too bad, but it doesn't sound like this will happen very often.

-DrG