Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Brick and Mortar (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Food at the Taj - help (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=169141)

DrewOnTilt 12-31-2004 10:51 AM

Food at the Taj - help

Is there any restaurant at the Taj that is open 24 hours, other than that shitty buffet? I know there is a food court on the 2nd level, but most restaurants close around 10pm. And the buffet in that cafe - ugh, I'd rather bring along a can of Alpo.

Is there anything else that I have missed?

Jeffage 12-31-2004 11:31 AM

Re: Food at the Taj - help

The snack bar above the pokerroom is open till 1 or 2 on weekends and is decent. Your best bet for late night is to order food from a local takeout place and have it delivered to the table....the chinese places are all very good as is that one sandwich place (names escape me, but menus are located on the right side of the high stakes pit). When you bring a menu to the table, others will probably want to order (this happens all the time in th 20-40 games). When calling, know the table number you're playing at. You can pay in chips which is also cool.

Jeff

John Deere 12-31-2004 05:08 PM

I'm surprised they let you pay in chips, as that is illegal.

In any case, be sure not to get your Moo Shoo Pork on the table... we wouldn't want to ruin the Taj's reputation of being so neat and clean.

jjnidguy 12-31-2004 10:15 PM

that bombay cafe right near the poker room is open 24/7. just go out the keno side exit of the poker room and head right past the taj card services. i always get a bacon cheeseburger there at like 2 in the morning.

scrub 12-31-2004 11:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The snack bar above the pokerroom is open till 1 or 2 on weekends and is decent. Your best bet for late night is to order food from a local takeout place and have it delivered to the table....the chinese places are all very good as is that one sandwich place (names escape me, but menus are located on the right side of the high stakes pit). When you bring a menu to the table, others will probably want to order (this happens all the time in th 20-40 games). When calling, know the table number you're playing at. You can pay in chips which is also cool.

Jeff

[/ QUOTE ]

The sketchy chicken on sticks is the best. One of the few things I miss about the Taj.

scrub

JoeU 01-01-2005 02:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
that bombay cafe right near the poker room is open 24/7.

[/ QUOTE ]

When the Mrs and I stay at the Taj, we usually do breakfast here. It is right outside the poker room. Just be sure to hit the shift super up for a comp before you go to eat. I also hit the Starbucks upstairs just before they close for that coffee to help me keep going at night. It is right up the escalator. If you time it right, you could go up for coffee and only miss 1 hand.

Jeffage, I didn't know about the whole menu/outside resturaunt delivery thing. I'll have to try that out the next time (which will hopefully be soon).

Joe

DrewOnTilt 01-01-2005 03:05 PM

how easy is it to get comps?

How easy is it to get comps to that cafe? I just assumed you have to use your hourly credits - is there some other way to get it for free?

RollaJ 01-01-2005 08:55 PM

Re: how easy is it to get comps?

[ QUOTE ]
How easy is it to get comps to that cafe? I just assumed you have to use your hourly credits - is there some other way to get it for free?

[/ QUOTE ]

As far as I know, that is indeed the case

dirty moose 01-01-2005 09:43 PM

the noodle bar is open 24 hrs on the weekend, best food in town

everything else in the taj sucks

John Deere 01-01-2005 11:16 PM

Just to emphasize a point that was hinted at earlier: DO NOT EAT AT THE BUFFET, EVEN IF IT IS COMPED. I was dismayed how bad this was. They even messed up the Mac & Cheese. This buffet would cost about $5 in Vegas.