Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   str8 flush draw flopped, min-raised back to you (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=168734)

fourgapper 12-30-2004 01:55 PM

str8 flush draw flopped, min-raised back to you

Online 2/5, just sat down a spin ago, villain an unknown, assuming typical.

Five limpers to Hero (with buy-in of $500) in LP who smooth calls with 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] -- button & blinds call. Flop comes T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. Checked to hero who bets the pot, $50. Button ($250 stack) min-raises to $100 and all fold to hero.

Your move here?

knifeandfork 12-30-2004 02:35 PM

Re: str8 flush draw flopped, min-raised back to you

push and hope he calls:)

TStoneMBD 12-30-2004 03:25 PM

uh... push and hope he folds.

iceman5 12-30-2004 03:41 PM

Limping is normally not referred to as "smooth calling". If youre going toplay that junk, then you might as well push all in when you hit the best flop in history.
Even if he has a set youre only about 43%-57% dog. He cant call with less than a set.

Wayfare 12-30-2004 03:46 PM

He would probably call with A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and be right to do so [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Kaz The Original 12-30-2004 03:47 PM

Push and cackle as you do so. Hope for 43o to call.

Alexthegreat 12-30-2004 03:55 PM

Fold preflop...

I havn't played much NL in the last year or so, so I am rusty, but I can't imagine what kind of flops you are trying to hit here.....Anyhow, there aren't too many of them, and this has to be one of the best you could hope for, so pushing would be a fairly wise move....I could also see a smooth call to intice the EP bettor to come along though.....I guess it depends what you imagine the raiser holds....But since I'm not sure what I'd do here, I suppose I should let someone else go for it.....But Fold preflop!

Matt Flynn 12-30-2004 04:04 PM

after 5 limpers i will take a flop with 74s for 1% of my stack every time. those games are great.

on the flop you must go all in. folding is bad. calling is horrible.

matt

lapoker17 12-30-2004 04:19 PM

I call here preflop every time as well. And this is clearly a push.

fourgapper 12-30-2004 05:16 PM

Yes, that was my thinking too. Only slight problem is that there's not much folding equity, with him being on relatively shorter stack.

Anyway, I push, he calls and he wins it with two pair, 65.

Thanks,
4gaps