Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Playing poker in the airport in.... (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=166713)

47outs 12-25-2004 11:32 AM

Playing poker in the airport in....

Christmas morning in Halifax, NS. picking up a wireless signal in the airport waiting for my flight. The delay is 2 hours and I couldn't be happier.

Merry Christmas

outs

steamboatin 12-25-2004 12:16 PM

Re: Playing poker in the airport in....

Congratulations, Merry Christmas!

ibankonu 12-25-2004 03:01 PM

No better way to spend a delay.

SamIAm 12-25-2004 03:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Christmas morning in Halifax, NS.

[/ QUOTE ]If there's no duty on cigarettes and liquor bought at the airport, does that mean you're on international ground? Them bible-belt states are getting mighty antsy about internet gambling...
-Sam

P.S. I realize that it's duty-free only because they deliver it to you on the plane, and hence the above idea is absurd. I just liked the thought of internet poker-stars faking itineraries so they could multi-table in airports.

Kurn, son of Mogh 12-25-2004 03:54 PM

Them bible-belt states

First time I've ever heard the Canadian Maritimes referred to as the bible belt. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

NoTalent 12-25-2004 04:16 PM

I played for 3 hours in the Atlanta airport upstairs in a little 'rent a room' place. It cost me $60 to rent it, but I think I won about $50--so I was only down $10. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

47outs 12-25-2004 06:00 PM

I was actually a little to embarrased to multi-table. I stuck to 1 5/10 6max. If I got 4 going it might have attracted a crowd.

As it was already, this one dude kept walking by, each time trying to get a better peak. I think he wanted to ask what I was doing but I spotted his tell a mile away and put headphones on.

Anyhow, wireless net is catching on in unsuspecting places and it's really cool!

outs

ps. it didn't work in the washrooms in the airport [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

JoeC 12-25-2004 06:03 PM

What airports have this for free?

I tried it in RDU last month and had to pay $10 for it.

JordanIB 12-25-2004 06:13 PM

McCarren in Vegas has free Wi-Fi.

I was so psyched that my flight was delayed leaving last week. However, there must have been some firewall issue going on, because Party wasn't loading (although maybe that was when they were changing their servers (Monday evening, approx. 7PM eastern).

TruePoker CEO 12-25-2004 06:13 PM

Re: Playing poker in the airport in.......... Las Vegas

McCarran Airport in Las Vegas provides free wireless, from which you can access Truepoker.

Truepoker CEO