Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Gamble? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=164638)

The Ocho 12-20-2004 03:01 PM

Gamble?

Live 5/5 NL at Foxwoods. I have ~2500 and two clueless maniacs have me covered many times over. They each raise liberally preflop, each about 2-3 times per orbit. Both overplay hands regularly. I think both are high stakes blackjack players.

Limped pot. I'm in the SB with K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. Flop comes down K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. I check. Maniac#1 leads out for 500. He does pretty often. Maniac#2 thinks for a couple seconds and calls 500. Mucked to me.

I think for ten seconds and move in.

Thoughts?

Anybody do anything differently if they had no more money in their pocket to buy back into this game?

italianstang 12-20-2004 05:10 PM

Re: Gamble?

Hopefully they will both fold and you win the thousand bucks that is in there. Obviously moving in is the right move. However, because they are high stakes blackjack players, one of them probably hit his inside straight with AQ and the other one rivered his flush with 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].

riverboatking 12-20-2004 06:03 PM

what position are the maniacs in, and how many players limped preflop?

The Ocho 12-20-2004 06:26 PM

#1 is UTG+1, #2 is CO-2

6 players or so saw the flop

fsuplayer 12-20-2004 06:30 PM

yeah i wouldnt love it, but i think you have to play this. either that or fold. but that is too much of a hand to not duke it out with these bozos.

Rococo 12-20-2004 07:34 PM

Does anyone see any merit in smooth calling in the hope that one of these wise guys will fire another bullet on the turn without the goods. Most of the maniacs that I play with are more likely to run an ill-advised bluff than make a terrible call. You obviously have to worry about the heart draw, of course, but it might be worth giving a free card if you have an excellent chance to double through. Because you are out of position, the risk of giving two free cards may outweigh the benefits. Just a thought . . .

fourgapper 12-20-2004 08:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
one of them probably hit his inside straight with AQ and the other one rivered his flush with 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].

[/ QUOTE ]

Hitting inside straight with AQ would fill hero up, no?
All the better.

4gaps

fsuplayer 12-20-2004 08:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Quote:
one of them probably hit his inside straight with AQ and the other one rivered his flush with 7 8 .

Hitting inside straight with AQ would fill hero up, no?
All the better.

[/ QUOTE ]

oh touche rupurt! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

ML4L 12-20-2004 08:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
what position are the maniacs in

[/ QUOTE ]

FWIW, my guess is that these are the kind of guys who don't pay much attention to position...

ML4L

riverboatking 12-20-2004 08:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
FWIW, my guess is that these are the kind of guys who don't pay much attention to position...

[/ QUOTE ]

still if there are four players left to act after the maniacs it does make it less likely that neither of them have anything.

of course when he says maniac i'm not sure how crazy he is talking about. they could simply be oblivious.

also, you say the pot was six handed. so that means the pot was ~30? or is it 5-5 10 to go? even so the pot is only ~60 at most and there is a bet of almost 10X the pot and then a smooth call?

that seems pretty crazy to me, so i guess it doesn't matter what position they were in. good point ML.

i just think these guys have to be really insane for your hand to be good.......i mean one guy bets almost 10X the pot and gets smoothcalled......if your hand was good i'm gonna have to book a plane ticket.