Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   I dare you to get more attached to your aces! (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=164352)

Evolution Crisis 12-19-2004 09:43 PM

I dare you to get more attached to your aces!

Try to get more attached to pocket aces... I bet you can't...I know I'm an idiot here... but bring on the flames! [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, CO calls, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds.

Flop: (9.50 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 raises</font>, MP2 calls, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 caps</font>, MP2 calls, CO calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (12.75 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 3-bets</font>, MP2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">CO caps</font>, Hero calls, UTG+2 calls.

River: (25.75 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG+2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 caps</font>, CO calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 37.75 BB

Cardzy 12-19-2004 09:47 PM

Re: I dare you to get more attached to your aces!

LOL, yeah I think at one time or another we have all been that attached to our AA. At least sometime when we were all totally inexperienced. I know I've been guilty of it (and although I don't recall it, it may have not been that long ago!) [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Kasumeat 12-19-2004 09:53 PM

Fold the turn.

bigchips 12-20-2004 09:21 AM

Why not lead out betting on the turn and see if the UTG+2 aggression continues? Is the fact that there is a possible flopped straight and now possible trips/boat enough to discourage an opening turn bet? Is the moment of known defeat when CO 2 bets the turn when the 2nd 5 drops (and also heart flush draw) as his first show of aggression?

I agree it is probably wise to drop this thing on the turn. You have a 3 card straight on the board, a board pair and a flush draw. Lots of ways to get beat and only 2 outs to beat trips (another 5 might not help your hand, and there is probably only one more in the deck). Plus you have a very frisky UTG+2, and now a CO who bets into the 2nd 5 on the turn.

My own view (take with a grain of salt) would be to lead out betting the turn then fold when CO raises. But with the UTG+2 flop cap maybe it is wise to check the turn? If CO were not in the picture I might just call this down after being raised on the turn.

bigchips 12-21-2004 01:02 AM

comments?

ThreeAces 12-21-2004 01:10 AM

Leading out on the turn isn't bad, IMO, provided that you know you are likely to get raised, and if you are prepared to fold to that raise. Investing one more BB at that point might have been worth it. That said, check-folding is probably a better play, IMO.

It takes courage to dump AA. Sometimes, you just gotta do it.

_Kevin_ 12-21-2004 01:22 AM

I tried, but eventually you have to let them go. I hung on too long here. I don't see how there is any chance you are ahead on the turn after the cap (there might have been a tiny hope after the flop action but probably not).

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, CO folds, Button calls, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP3 calls, Button calls, SB calls.

Flop: (12 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, Button folds, SB calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (9 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero folds, MP3 calls.

River: (16 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, MP3 calls.

Final Pot: 20 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
MP3 has Tc Kd (full house, kings full of queens).
SB has Qh 2h (full house, queens full of kings).
Outcome: MP3 wins 20 BB. </font>