Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Televised Poker (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Poker Royal on GSN (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=161746)

shummie 12-14-2004 10:31 AM

Poker Royal on GSN

Is anyone planning on watching this on the Game Show Network tonight? The show sports a current B-list of players (B in terms of popularity and not neccessarily skill). You can also win a chance at a chance for half of ten million dollars!

Poker Royal at GSN

My hotel doesn't get GSN or I'd check it out. Anyone know anything else about this?

- Jason

XPac 12-14-2004 11:20 AM

Re: Poker Royal on GSN

I watched it last week, it was ok. Although I found Kevin Nealen (sp?) to be less than adequate as a commentator.

Texter 12-14-2004 11:59 AM

Last week was pretty bad, hopefully it will get better.

Russ McGinley 12-14-2004 10:06 PM

Goodbye Evelyn Ng, hello Robert Williamson!

Allinlife 12-15-2004 03:29 AM

I want VVP and Sexton commentating... I never realized how much I miss them until I heard those guys on PR commentate.

unfrgvn 12-15-2004 10:37 AM

I thought Robert Williamson was pretty good. If he is doing the commentary live and not doing a voice over after he knows the results then I think he was real good.

Russ McGinley 12-15-2004 04:39 PM

I thought RW did pretty good. At the beginning of the episode (before they started showing hands) he seemed like a robot but once things got started he sounded fine.

Stew 12-15-2004 08:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is anyone planning on watching this on the Game Show Network tonight? The show sports a current B-list of players (B in terms of popularity and not neccessarily skill). You can also win a chance at a chance for half of ten million dollars!

Poker Royal at GSN

My hotel doesn't get GSN or I'd check it out. Anyone know anything else about this?

- Jason

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I'm sure Carlos Mortensen would be proud to be included in the list of best "B" list players...the only player to ever win the WSOP Main Event and a WPT event.

skcubrats 12-16-2004 06:50 AM

I appreciate the different styles of the different announcers/commentators on the various poker shows. The WPT hype--Mike sounds like he's shouting and Vince's sometimes lame comments. WSOP has the ambiance of a baseball game. Celebrity Poker is great entertainment. I like Phil's expert commentary and Dave(?) for personality, better than Kevin Pollack. The one on Fox Sports was kind of flat--like Howard Lederer's poker videos, though HL is one of my favorite players. Saw the last 7 minutes of the second broadcast of Royale this week(out playing poker again), not enough to make a judgement. Hope to catch the whole show on the reruns.