Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Vicodin (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=161095)

theantelope 12-13-2004 01:30 AM

Vicodin

Just downed 3 500/325's.

Recreational effects aside, I swear this stuff makes me a rular poker playa.

Edit: Last option should read: "Somewhat negative to 'puts me to sleep.'"

theantelope 12-13-2004 01:55 AM

Re: Vicodin

After posting this thread, I came across this thread, which shows that at least one other player has found a positive effect on his/her poker game. Not that I would actually reccomend hydrocodone or other opiates for the purposes of improving one's game (or, for anything other than pain management, really--opiates are highly addictive and have ruined many lives), but it's interesting, at least I think. I do not believe I have ADHD like the other poster does, but I do concur that hydro puts me in a great place to really focus on my game. It just seems impossible to become distracted by 'life'--probably one reason the drug is so dangerous, and probably a sign that I have sub-optimal things going on with my psychology, whether or not clinically diagnosable.

Another drug I would like to try in combination with poker is Adderall.

BusterStacks 12-13-2004 01:59 AM

I dunno, opiates always make me feel nauseated the day after. I took Oxycontin last night and have felt like hell all day. At the time though, totally 31337. I do however enjoy adderall as often as possible.

theantelope 12-13-2004 02:01 AM

Opiate-induced thought of the night

I thought I would post this here because it's not worthy of another thread:

Yo---wouldn't it be totally sweet to fly a plane?

andyfox 12-13-2004 02:03 AM

When it was prescribed to me for pain following back surgery, it did nothing for the pain. But it did make me super-sensitive. Watching a child play would make me cry like Deniro in Analyze This and hearing an unfunny Henny Youngman joke that I didn't find funny in 1962 would make me laugh for an hour. After three days, I threw all the remaining pill in the garbage.

theantelope 12-13-2004 02:03 AM

Really? Never experienced that myself. A little nauseous "during" sometimes, but never after.

Did you try to defeat the time-release with the OC at all, or did you just take it as-is?

Sponger15SB 12-13-2004 02:04 AM

I've got around 150 worth of vicodin's when you combine potential refills and pills from my elbow injury and surgery this summer.

I usually just give them to my friends, but I've never actually though about using them for anything else

theantelope 12-13-2004 02:05 AM

If you had only one chance to fly a plane...

Would it be a small turbo-prop, a lear-jet type set-up, a fighter jet, or a jumbo jet?

If a jumbo jet, would it make it more or less fun to have it full of passengers? (Assuming you felt confident you weren't going to kill everyone).

theantelope 12-13-2004 02:08 AM

I had a wisdom tooth taken out over the summer and my dentist wouldn't prescribe anything stronger than 800 mg Ibuprofen. Stupid bitch.

Sponger--just out of curiosity, what congifuration are your pills? They are listed as something like "XXX mg Hydrocodone / YYY mg APAP." Sometimes just "XXX/YYY." Abusers prefer the highest XXX:YYY ratio--the most opiates to the least tylenol. (Tylenol is bad for the liver and makes one feel really gross in high doses).

BusterStacks 12-13-2004 02:27 AM

yeah, the OC time release is a coating on the outside. You hold the pill in your hand for a few minutes then scrape it off. Crush up the pill and put it under your tongue. Really REALLY awesome effects, I won't be doing it again.